Agastache aka Hyysop, Armeria aka Thrift, Campanuula

irma_stpete_9bJuly 23, 2014

Anyone have luck in FL with these plants that I see in Massachusetts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amberroses(10a)

I have one in a pot that does well and is blooming now. It's the purple one that smells like anise.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 8:08AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

I have little over a dozen in clay pots in a fast draining mix that seem to be doing fine right now but I've only had them for about six weeks. Some are blooming and some are not but I have them under the eve of the house since this is the rainy season and from what I've read they must be kept fairly dry - point being that they really are not getting direct sunlight, which they are supposed to prefer, especially for blooming. I'd sure like to hear about other folks experiences with this plant.

Tom

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:40AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

I have one in a pot that does well and is blooming now. It's the purple one that smells like anise.

Any chance you could post a picture? I'd love to see it. What conditions are you growing it in? Sunlight? Exposure to rain? I ask because I'm a newbie to them and not certain if I need to continue to keep them dry or take a chance and move them into the garden.

Tom

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 7:31AM
leahrenee1(z9FL)

I had one in well draining soil on a slight incline, it did very well until it got attacked by a weed wacker!

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 10:25AM
irma_stpete_9b

I assume you are all talking about the agastache. Thanks to your positive info, I will fly back with my 2 little Ags and the 2 others plus a thyme that I bought for the window of my dull dorm room for the week (singing, Bach, (2 other loves) - at Berkshire Choral Festival). Passing up the many beautiful daylilies in bloom here - my green thumb doesn't extend that far! And praying for rain for St. Pete!

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Please help ID this agastache 9a
Hi All, It's been a long time since I've had time to...
rvird01
Tomato varieties good from now to early summer?
I am in zone 10A or B—can't quite make out where...
pattybee
New Floridian gardener
Im a snowbird who is loving gardening all year long...
juttz
crinum flowers
This started blooming just before our expected freeze....
marcia_m
Staghorn cutting
A friend gave me a piece of her staghorn. How do I...
drich30099
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™