shopaholic

playinmud(z6)November 1, 2006

Hey all, I just placed my first order with White Oak Nursery. They have their 2007 catalogue up on the web, and they started taking orders today. Anyone else starting to buy for the 2007 season yet? And where are you placing your orders??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary52zn8tx

I also placed an order with White Oak early this morning. They already had Northern Mist sold out. I was very pleased with my WO order last year, and I am already getting excited about next spring.

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 6:38PM
ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)

I almost bought Earth Angel and Bill Brickna today at a nursery for half off. They were completely done for the year, nothing but pot and dirt. I slapped myself to my senses and put them back (and bought a conifer roflol).

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 9:06PM
newhostaaddict

haha andrea....be careful...you don't want to hurt yourself...

i am very pleased with my "white oak" order this year...and will probably get another order next year...

jill

Bookmark   November 2, 2006 at 9:09AM
hostarox(z5)

I will wait until Naylor Creek and Hilltop Farm send me their catalogs next month, then start spending away!

Bookmark   November 2, 2006 at 10:20PM
playinmud(z6)

Hey Rox, how does one go about getting on their catalogue mailing list? I'd love to get one of those, even if the cost a few bucks.

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 8:51AM
Teresa_MN

I print the Naylor catalog, but for $5 they will mail you one. And a couple of years ago - they mailed me a $5 gift cert with the catalog. You might as well just print your own. The catalog they sent is just printed on 8 x11 paper on a color printer.

BTW - I just went to White Oak and got Fascination and Frosty Morn. There is ONLY one Frosty Morn left. Someone better snap it up before it's gone!

Teresa

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 9:05AM
Teresa_MN

Well if you are reading this now thinking you want Frosty Morn it's too late! Donna snapped it up!

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 3:20PM
playinmud(z6)

I snapped it up and I'm glad I did! Thanks for the heads-up!

Oh and Teresa, thanks for the tip on just printing out the web pages, that's an easy thing to do. I wonder when they'll have the 2007 listings available?

Sigh, so many hostas, so little time!

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 4:11PM
hostarox(z5)

Donna, I get the catalogs because I order from them every year. You could email them and ask to be put on the list, or as Theresa said, you can print it out when it comes online. One advantage to getting the catalogs by mail is (at least with Hilltop farm) that I got the catalog way before the website was updated. My order was placed already before anyone else even saw what they had to offer.
Josh keeps track of when sites update on his website, Hostahub.

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 10:30AM
Teresa_MN

Is Josh's site hostahub.com ? I tried that and it went no where.

Teresa

Bookmark   November 5, 2006 at 4:09PM
hostarox(z5)

http://hostahub.inthecountrygardenandgifts.com/index.php

Josh has already started a new list for this year, so all that is on it now is White Oak Nursery. If I remember right, November is when Naylor's put the new catalog out last year.

Bookmark   November 5, 2006 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
good to see spring in the uk
my grass still lots of work!fed it 3 times already..bloody...
uk-hostaman
Hd are you kidding?
I just got an email from Home Depot pushing hosta plants...
Jon 6a SE MA
What's looking good in your garden this week?
I'm afraid I'll miss the pipping going on in my hosta...
Moccasin
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Hi, guys!
I’ve been reading the hosta forum for a couple of...
jajoana
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™