september sun

stained glass

stepping out

striptease

titanic

whirlwind

etc...

I have daylilies ,irises,naked ladies,red spider lilies,cannas ,1500 daylilies

so I have them listed on daves garden under dreamer474,I would love to make some trades this year so if antone wants to trade up please reply thank you

susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bejoy2(8)

Be careful where you get your hostas. I bought some at Costco, and my Sum and Substance is infected with the Hosta Virus X. It is an epidemic. Some of the hostas on your list belong are known to have a high percentage of infected plants in the retail trade. These include 'Striptease', 'Sagae', 'Revolution', 'Paul's Glory', 'June' - maybe more. These hostas were infected during propagation, and may not show symptoms for several years. If you get hostas in trade from people, you won't necessarily know they are infected until they show symptoms. Plants from established clumps should be safe, as long as the grower has had the plant for more than 10 years or so, or they bought their plants from a source known to be disease-free. To be safe, any plants you get in trade should be quarantined. Don't plant your hostas in groupings, and whenever you cut a leaf or flower scape off of one hosta, clean your pruners before pruning another plant. Any cut or tissue damage can spread the virus through the plant's sap - lawnmowers blades, stepping on the plant (some people propagate their hostas by stepping on the crowns as soon as they start to leaf out in the spring). If you decide to buy Hostas, make sure you get them from a certified disease-free nursery. I had posted last year that I had hostas to trade, but since finding the infected Sum and Substance, I can't in good conscience offer them anymore. Thankfully, I got so busy with work that I never got around to trading any, so I know I haven't spread the virus. I've posted a link to a website with information on the virus. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta virus X

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 4:10AM
More Discussions
HAVE: hosta fragrant bouquet and fried bananas
give suggestions as to what you have like wolverine,...
karen1earthangel
HAVE: Peonies for Hostas
Please email me what you have for trade. Thanks This...
KarenPA_6b
wanted: wanted: maekawa
Anybody have this species Hosta?
netcub
WANTED: Hosta seeds have Japanese morning glory seeds.
I am new to hostas. I have a home now with a large...
arktropicals
WANTED: have halcyon hostas to trade for other hostas i dont hav
let me know if u need haylcon...I have several...
steeltowninwv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™