Arctic Clipper

Big Wayne

Deliverer

Elegance of Summer

Flying Trapeze

Solar Music

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avedon_gw

Edward, so glad to see all your daylilies, but the photo of Flying Trapeze is marvelous--what a beauty!! I see that Judy Davisson is offering Frostbite Falls on the Lily Auction, and I happened to come across an old post of yours that said you hoped to acquire it. Did that ever happen? I love white daylilies, but I'm afraid F. Falls would be a hard dormant coming from D. Church in Maine. I will have to look around for a good one that is suited to my zone. Avedon

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 11:20AM
Edward_Kimball

I never got around to getting Frostbite Falls. if it had more of a round shape I probably would have. Instead I picked up Arctic Bear by John Benz. It hasn't bloomed yet so no pictures. Maybe next year.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 12:37PM
silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)

Flying Trapeze caught my eye first as well..

Avedon, I dont think it would matter where you would purchase it from.. ALL my daylilies act as dormants here.. but I can tell the true dormants, becuase they wake up much easier in spring, with much less spring sickness. But if you moved my semi and evergrees down south, they would act according to thier nature where you plant them. There is a world of diffrence even in evergreens here, I have several dozen, some are barely effected, with enough vigor to overcome thier slower spring starts, others are dogs, who will never be more then a couple fans.

Silverkelt

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 12:42PM
mantis__oh

How big is Big Wayne? Would like to see that one in a clump. I think you told us whom it is named for, but I forget. Flying Trapeze and Deliverer almost look related today in terms of their coloration.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 6:15PM
Edward_Kimball

Big Wayne will be named after Wayne Storrie from Canning Daylilies. Little Wayne is Wayne Ward. Wayne Storrie passed away in June of 2011. He was a great friend in daylilies and out of them. Unfortunately I have never let the daylily Big Wayne clump up very much before dividing it.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Lori Jones Daylilies
My first experience 2 years ago with buying daylilies...
Julia NY
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
What are you most looking forward to this spring?
I know just having winter and all the aggravation it...
organic_kitten
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Need some serious Daylily help
We are upgrading the front of the house with new railings...
msskriss
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™