I have a brand new rebloom scape!

brittie(Houston 9a)August 30, 2014

Everything's been done for a while now, but I think the recent rains have caused some rebloom to get started. There are actually two plants that have put up new scapes. I wish I could tell you which plants these are, but they aren't labeled.

Most of my labels were lost during the move to our new house last fall. I didn't post any pretties on the forum this year, because I didn't feel like I could identify them with confidence. :/ SOME of them I do recognize easily, but others... not so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xokientx(z7aOK)

If I was you, I think I would cut that scape and let the plant conserve energy.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 1:40PM
brittie(Houston 9a)

Oh really? I hadn't thought of that since there are still several months of the growing season left. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 2:01PM
ltilton

In the OP's zone, there's a lot of prime growing time left, and those new leaves will be feeding energy to the plant all the rest of the season.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 2:10PM
xokientx(z7aOK)

Just from my experience growing daylilies in Houston for over a decade. July thru October is a very tough time for daylilies there. Over stressed plants will rot on you. Your plant looks like it is stressed now from the yellowing leaves or you may have daylily rust, which may also stress the plant. Do as you wish though.
ltilton: not familar with OP's zone. Is that Old People's zone? Daylilies grow in Houston (and typically) in spring and fall, not winter and summer.

Bookmark   August 30, 2014 at 10:00PM
brittie(Houston 9a)

I did have a handful of daylilies bloom into September last year, but I may snip this little scape off then, just in case. There is another that is about to open, and that plant is more robust looking. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 31, 2014 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™