Italian parsley (seedlings) - leaves curling

mika_rJuly 29, 2014

Hello,

I am pretty new to growing herbs, and recently planted parsley seeds for the first time. I planted them in pots midway through summer (zone 6b), and will attempt to bring them indoors for fall/ winter-- either placed by a window or grow light. My seedlings sprouted 3-4 weeks ago, and each have 2-5 small leaves. Today I brought one pot of seedlings indoors to see how they might react to the change in temperature/ setting; the leaves of the sprouts are now starting to curl a lot! They were placed by a window that gets a lot of sun, but the temperature was cooler indoors than the plant has been accustomed to outside. However -- I heard parsley does ok in cooler temperatures, and that it can be grown successfully indoors. What might have happened? The soil is damp so I don't think water is an issue. Is it the change in temperature/ humidity that may have caused the leaves to curl? Do you think the sprouts will continue to have trouble/ what should I do?

Any thoughts/ advice are appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

'what should I do?'

I would put the parsley back where it was happy and leave it there until the last possible moment in late autumn before bringing it inside. Parsley can survive indoors but it will always be happier and more healthy outside. It is fairly cold tolerant so I would not bring it in until after a couple of frosts.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
What is attacking my basil? Whiteflies?
I have an indoor growlight which has allowed me to...
xiaobao12
Discoloring leaf tips on basil
Can someone tell what's going on with my basil plant?...
patio_garden
Curly leaf peppermint
Does anyone know where to obtain curly leaf peppermint...
Web Loafer
Looking for real Italian Mentuccia
Hi All; I am looking for seeds or plants of the Italian...
entwife
plants in cat litter bags?
I've seen pics of plants growing in reusable shopping...
mystmaiden
Sponsored Products
Catnapper Invincible Cocoa Hospital Grade Vinyl Power Lift and Lay Out Chaise Re
Overstock.com
Round White Ceramic Floor Toilet with Seat and Cover
TheBathOutlet
Autumn Trees Wall Art
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
Le Corbusier LC2 Style Loveseat-Red - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
Emerald Home Castlegate Extra Long Trestle Dining Table with 16 in. End Leaves M
Hayneedle
Virtu MD-2060-WMRO-ES 60 Caroline Double Sink Bathroom Vanity in Espresso
Blue Bath
Area Rug: Antique Fleur-De-Lis Taupe 5' 3" x 8' 3"
Home Depot
Seedling by thomaspaul Blossom 16" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™