Italian parsley (seedlings) - leaves curling

mika_rJuly 29, 2014

Hello,

I am pretty new to growing herbs, and recently planted parsley seeds for the first time. I planted them in pots midway through summer (zone 6b), and will attempt to bring them indoors for fall/ winter-- either placed by a window or grow light. My seedlings sprouted 3-4 weeks ago, and each have 2-5 small leaves. Today I brought one pot of seedlings indoors to see how they might react to the change in temperature/ setting; the leaves of the sprouts are now starting to curl a lot! They were placed by a window that gets a lot of sun, but the temperature was cooler indoors than the plant has been accustomed to outside. However -- I heard parsley does ok in cooler temperatures, and that it can be grown successfully indoors. What might have happened? The soil is damp so I don't think water is an issue. Is it the change in temperature/ humidity that may have caused the leaves to curl? Do you think the sprouts will continue to have trouble/ what should I do?

Any thoughts/ advice are appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

'what should I do?'

I would put the parsley back where it was happy and leave it there until the last possible moment in late autumn before bringing it inside. Parsley can survive indoors but it will always be happier and more healthy outside. It is fairly cold tolerant so I would not bring it in until after a couple of frosts.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Why is my basil wilted?
My roommate picked up this basil from the grocery store....
endi92
How many seeds do I plant in a seed starter kit cell?
I'm sure this is one of those questions that almost...
drayven
Have you heard of "Orange Mint?"
I just saw this variety of mint as a small plant being...
peterk312
Growing herbs
Hi all new to this gardening so want as someone something. I...
margowicz
Starting & Growing Mandrake
Hello! So, I was lucky enough to receive 5 Mandrake,...
stardrifting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™