OT follow up on Feral Littens

organic_kitten(8)August 10, 2014

Bella continues to be more and more tame. She is usually waiting for me when I come outside and follows me all over the garden. She climbs in my lap when I feed, but not as often as Gus otherwise, but she rubs against my legs, and will follow me into the house. She has begun to try to initiate play with the chihuahuas when I take them out. Yesterday, I had to feed the cats on the front porch due to rain, and after putting their food down, I went to water the plants in the greenhouse. In just a minute, Bella came running back to me. I returned to the porch and discovered the big ginger tom cat eating her food. I scared him off and Bella resumed eating. It seemed as if Bella had run to find me when he scared her away from the food. Very funny for a once very feral little cat.

The gold cat, Goldie, is not at all afraid of my being near now. She knows when I feed and usually shows up. She eats then comes within a couple of feet of where I am sitting to groom herself and then nap. Of course, Bella comes to initiate play at that time, grabbing feet or hand even if I am sitting quietly.

Isn't it amazing how taming some boiled chicken can be.
kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximus7116(MI)

Evidently your gourmet spread changed their mindset about humans. Nice job, Kay! Keep us posted.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 3:00PM
opnjmprs

I enjoy hearing about the progress you're making with those feral cats. Love, patience, and some boiled chicken......all the right ingredients for winning them over.:-)

Linda

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 5:16PM
shive(6b TN)

Glad to hear Goldie is coming around. Maybe I should have tried the boiled chicken on mine. Two of them are still scaredy cats about touched. Sometimes Sammie forgets her fear, but Columbus never trusted me again after her spaying and recuperation time in the basement.

Debra

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 7:37PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I love that they are trusting you more and more and I enjoy getting updates on them. Thanks for keeping us up on their progress! It makes me smile knowing they have found a safe, loving place to call home.

Celeste

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 8:52PM
nat4b(4)

I enjoy reading about your progress with your new kitties! Nice story about Bella and tom cat :)

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 11:20PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thank you for your comments. Bella loves to play. She will miss the "brown sticks" from the daylilies. If nothing else, she steals a glove, or if I slip it off a shoe and goes into mock fights. She also like to roll over and invite me to scratch her belly so she can grab my hand. Goldie remains more skittish, but took food from my hand. She likes to come up within a couple of feet of me and nap after eating. Gus just crawls in my lap. Debra, I worry about the trust issue when they are spaded, neutered. but it must be done. I am concentrating on building as much as possible now.

kay

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:18PM
zzackey(8b GA)

We have 3 ferals that we had fixed. The one was tame when she had it done. She's still a lovey. The other two just come for meals.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:21PM
Laura twixanddud(5b MI)

Glad to hear that they are all doing well... you sure have made great strides with them!

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 7:58PM
Nancy zone 6

I always look forward to your updates on the kittens, I'm so glad they are doing so well. Goldie must trust you quite a bit that she wants to nap near you like that. Sounds like you have Bella completely won over, don't you love when they roll over for a belly rub?

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 11:40PM
Maryl zone 7a

In a world full of horrifying news it's so refreshing to hear about your kindness and care to the new additions. All creatures Great and Small as it says........Marly

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 3:23AM
More Discussions
Siloam Daylilies ID
OK all you Siloam daylily experts. I have 3 daylilies...
swontgirl_z5a
Aphids on daylilies
What do you do about aphids on your daylilies? I don't...
ruthz
Pet Peeves
As spring has sprung and our thoughts turn to blooms,...
Maryl zone 7a
Daylily Grab Bag
I found a plant sale given by our local Daylily Society....
srks72
Daylily Order.
I finally got to place an order for some new DLs. They...
Billi
Sponsored Products
Up Up & Away Bookends - Set of 2
$57.99 | Dot & Bo
Nico Chrome Four-Light Square Canopy Bath Fixture with Stone Gold Foil Glass
$517.50 | Bellacor
Brushed Nickel Pendant 1-Light
$92.00 | PLFixtures
Acharn Foyer Pendant by Hubbardton Forge
$596.00 | Lumens
Leucos | Summer Wall Sconce
$382.50 | YLighting
Coronado 11 1/4" High Antique Bronze LED Wall Sconce
Euro Style Lighting
Tiffany Style Pendant Light with Rhombus Jadestone Decors
ParrotUncle
AICO Furniture - 9-pc Monte Carlo II Rectangular Dining Table Set...
Great Furniture Deal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™