JarBoxes - any one have any experience with them?

hoover67(7a)July 23, 2012

I am looking at purchasing some JarBoxes. Has anyone actually seen them in person? They are expensive. After having knocked over my stack of canning jars, I am thinking that they may be a good investment. You would not believe how many jars are broken! :(

You can see them at JarBox.com .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
readinglady(z8 OR)

I looked at them but thought they were wa-a-a-y too expensive. Even then, I use pint jars far more than quarts and saw a lot of wasted space if I stored them in these containers.

I use the boxes at the link. Exceptionally sturdy. There is a previous discussion.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Canning Jar Boxes

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 12:32PM
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Agree they are too costly to be worth using. Cardboard boxes work fine and are cheap or even free.

I just couldn't find any advantages to them, much less one to make them worth the cost.

Dave

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 12:54PM
hoover67(7a)

Wow! I had not found the cardboard boxes. That is what I was searching for. The price is much better!

Thanks!
Now if I could just find some free or really cheap canning jars to replace the ones I broke!

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 2:18PM
jill2761(Southeast Texas)

If you have an active local freecycle, you might try posting an ad requesting canning jars. I did that and scored a huge haul of quart and pint jars...almost 200 of them, if I remember correctly. They all came from the same person. I see other people posting requests from time to time, so part of it must be just luck of the timing.

Sorry about your jar mishap. I'm sure the cleanup was not a fun chore! I dropped an empty jar last week and it hit the edge of a heavy glass mixing bowl. The jar shattered and shards were all over the kitchen. I was barefoot at the time and couldn't move until my husband brought my shoes and helped with the cleanup. The dishwasher was open and glass particles were in the machine and dishes, particles were all over the counters, across the room, and even down in the garbage disposal. Thankfully, no open food containers were out.

Jill

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 8:10PM
More Discussions
Carnitas pressure canning question
Hello! I've been reading up on DigDirt's carnitas (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg051438097651.html)...
PirateJeni
Is my turkey stock too thick to can?
I made stock two nights ago, last night I went to skim...
SaraBeth Williams
Is GMO corn cobs safe for corn cob jelly?
This is the time around here that the farmers are picking...
myfamilysfarm
Jamacian Relish Receipe?
I am looking for a receipe for something called Jamacian...
bluejean
Freezing stuffed peppers?
I have sooo many beautiful sweet peppers and quite...
aka_peggy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™