Paper freezer boxes & twist tie bags

Sharon2665July 8, 2011

I inherited some 1970- 1980's style paper freezer boxes from my Dads house. I love them for the convenience of storage space in my freezer. I also got a few of the hefty freezer twist tie bags that go along with them. My problem is I will need more twist tie pint and quart freezer bags and can't find them anywhere. Found some old ones on e-bay that they want $20 a box for! No thanks. Does anyone know of anyplace that still makes and sells these or of something I could use as a replacement? I would also like to buy more of the freezer boxes if those are available anywhere. They are so wonderful for storage purposes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Linda_Lou(SW Wa.)

I order bags from OmniPak. Order online. You can get all sizes and thickness of bags from them. I ordered 1,000 each of 2 sizes. I got the 1.5 mil. Next I may get 2 mil, but they will be thick. The 1.5 is pretty nice. You order twist ties seperately. I forgot so I got some at another place.

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 1:23PM
Sharon2665

Were those the Poly bags? I saw that the Co-extruded bags said that they were good for freezing.

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 1:46PM
Linda_Lou(SW Wa.)

They are poly bags. Good for the freezer, for sure. I will order bags from them again.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 1:27AM
Patsy147

Sharon 2665... Would you be interested in selling a few of the freezer boxes? My Mom and I canned vegetables in them when I was a young girl. I would love the opportunity of showing my children and grandchildren.

Bookmark   September 6, 2014 at 10:57PM
Patsy147

Sharon 2665... Would you be interested in selling a few of the freezer boxes? My Mom and I canned vegetables in them when I was a young girl. I would love the opportunity of showing my children and grandchildren.

Bookmark   September 6, 2014 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
First time pressure canning
I am embarrassed to admit I have never pressure canned....
luvncannin
Jamacian Relish Receipe?
I am looking for a receipe for something called Jamacian...
bluejean
New low fat way to make "creamy soup" !!!!!!
I got this from "Cooking Light" Most recipes...
nancyjane_gardener
Is my turkey stock too thick to can?
I made stock two nights ago, last night I went to skim...
SaraBeth Williams
Mason jar sale!
I was just at K-Mart (Niles, Ohio) and they have a...
dellr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™