Your Favorite Dark Pinks

maximus7116(MI)August 11, 2014

Please list your three to five favorite dark pinks or roses. This must be my favorite color daylily, because I have so many and had such a hard time narrowing down my choices.

Choosing CATASTROPHE WAITRESS will surprise no one, since it tops my list for all-around favorite daylily every year. Such a chameleon in color, and look at those buds!

JELLYROLL MORTON bloomed for the first time this year and already moves into my favorites list. The color is outstanding:

IN HOT PURSUIT is in its second year and is one of the brightest daylilies in the garden. The color is hard to translate into a photo, but it is the most intense dark pink I grow:

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE is going into the rose category for me, although sometimes it appears more orchid. Great daylily with near perfect blooms:

And finally RASPBERRY FLAMBE, new to the garden last year and blooming for the first time here. It's very tall with velvety blooms and a great edge:

Please share yours!

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Edward_Kimball

Gentleman's Lady

No More Tears

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:06PM
Edward_Kimball

I took a walk around the garden and decided Belle of Ashwood was dark enough. it is definitely a favourite pink.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:12PM
organic_kitten(8)

Hmmm, best I can do.

Sarah Hawes:

Songwriter:

Remembering Elizabeth:

Rose FEver:

Paul Owen's Seedling:

Mabou:

Polar Ice:

kay

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 4:45PM
opnjmprs

Mine are: Neon Flamingo

Katherine Marin

3rd is a toss up between Pink Aloha, and Pink Lemonade Party. I have so many picture files that I'm having trouble finding those pics.

Linda

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 5:44PM
jkayd_il5

My choices are

Shores of Time
Ballerina Beautiful
Rose Masterpiece
Sarah Hawes

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 7:39PM
nat4b(4)

Wow beautiful daylilies here!
The first that came to mind from mine is Blood, Sweat and Tears. It's berry color I guess, I think it qualifies :) First year blooming but a favorite for color!
Last bloom today on BSAT

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:04PM
nat4b(4)

2nd is a noid unfortunately - second to last bloom on it yesterday

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:05PM
nat4b(4)

I also love Guilded Appeal - opens well, many flowers. Pic from today

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:08PM
nat4b(4)

Another favorite is Bombay Silk - most of the time it looks red to me. Tall, lots of flowers (not a very good pic from about a month ago)

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:12PM
KarenPA_6b

Becky Lynn is a nice dark pink daylily.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:38PM
gwnichole(8a)

This is my fav, for spectacular color and and beautiful perfect blooms
Song Writer

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 9:48AM
Brad KY(6b)

Wow, some great flowers here. I especially like Neon Flamingo and all of Chris'.
I didn't post Chance Encounter because I recently posted it and there was a discussion about it, but it is certain one of my favorites. Fuchsia's Dream & Maleny Empire Rose really stand out in the garden. Indy Phantom and Pastures of Pleasure really look great, but are smaller and shorter so not as instantly obvious.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 11:14AM
shive(6b TN)

Lots of pretty ones! But many of them look lavender instead of pink to me.

Debra

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 11:51PM
lynxe

I don't have many pinks, light or dark. That makes this one pretty easy to answer. Unfortunately.

THUNDER DRAGON (Gossard 2010), a maroon pink with very cool spiky white and gold teeth:
http://www.daylilydatabase.org/detail.php?id=164875&name=Thunder Dragon

NEON FLAMINGO (Gossard 2006) because it's finally looking quite neon pink.

FLAMING BULL (Bud Bennett 2006):
http://www.daylilydatabase.org/detail.php?id=155209&name=Flaming Bull

It's registered as "rosy red" but I say it's pink :) Although now that I think of it, if I don't count it as pink, that means I listed only two. So I have one saved up to be used elsewhere, for my usual cheat. ;) Anyway, whatever color it is, it's very, very pretty - very pure and clean.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 9:43PM
shive(6b TN)

My favorite is my seedling, garden named "Valentine Sweetheart."

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 3:30PM
shive(6b TN)

Another dark pink that a nice 5-week run this year was DENA MARIE'S SISTER. This daylily sometimes has splotchy blooms, but it had a majority of clear colored blooms this season. The unusual color carries for a long way, and even the splotchy blooms looked good from a distance.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 15:38

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 3:36PM
nat4b(4)

Debra, Valentine Sweetheart is beautiful! Is that the one from SOT?

I also wanted to try something here.
THUNDER DRAGON (Gossard 2010), a maroon pink with very cool spiky white and gold teeth:
http://www.daylilydatabase.org/detail.php?id=164875&name=Thunder Dragon
or

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 4:00PM
shive(6b TN)

Nat - I like the teeth on Thunder Dragon! Yes. Valentine Sweetheart is Shores of Time X Rosy Rhino. It has three rebloom scapes on the way right now.

Debra

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 4:22PM
growgirl(z5MI)

Ah! I am admiring all of these! How about Dragons Eye? Blooms well, great color and form. I have it in the front of a daylily bed and love it. Has been in the garden for years and will be there for many more.

Chris, were did you purchase Raspberry Flambe? Love it!

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 7:02PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

Growgirl, I second your nomination for Dragon's Eye! It's a great pink and I also have had mine for years and it will always be here. It just blooms and blooms! Since you already posted it I will select 3 more dark pinks I grow and love. But Dragon's Eye is definitely on my list of favorites.
Celeste

I love, love, love this one. And to think it was a bonus that I didn't think I wanted, that is until it started blooming.
This is everything I want in a daylily. Hardy, healthy, sturdy tall scapes and great bud count, never fails to open perfectly.
CASTLE CAMELOT

FORSYTH FLYING DRAGON
Huge blooms of pink

Bubble Yummin' Mama
I have a peculiar relationship with her....some blooms are a disaster and then most are spectacular....so usually I love her. The pink is just SO PINK and the blooms are huge and ruffled that I can't resist her. She blooms for a very long time here.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 11:09PM
maximus7116(MI)

I'm drooling over all these pinks. Celestial, I had the same relationship with BYM and finally gave her away because the blotchy blooms outnumbered the good ones. But she was very, very pretty when she behaved!

Growgirl, I purchased Raspberry Flambe from Dan Hansen at Ladybug Daylilies. He offers not only his own daylilies but those from Chris Rogers, who hybridized RF. It was an outstanding performer here, especially for only having been planted recently.

Bookmark   August 18, 2014 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
New Grandson is now One Week old
Last Thursday afternoon, a little after 3 pm , Hunter...
daylilydayzed
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™