This is madness

pdsavage(5/6)August 5, 2012

I can't stop bidding on seeds.

It does not help that im also bidding on daylilies as well and im using the daylily auction and Ebay GAH!!!

One good thing is I don't allways win and I limit the amount I spend for each bid.

Do you think if I tell my husband "sorry Dear I didn't think I would win so many" will it work???

It does not help with everyone showing off their wonderfull Daylilies...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shive(6b TN)

Gee that's exactly the line I gave my husband when all the boxes kept coming last spring. Unfortunately he's very indulgent, and that just makes the addiction worse.

Debra

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 4:04PM
marricgardens

I tell my DH when he's working on the computer. I know he's not paying any attention then but then he doesn't pay attention when I talk daylilies at any time! Later he just pays up. LOL.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 4:36PM
Polymerous(9b)

Agree that it's a form of madness... I don't do the seeds, but I've had to force myself to stay off of Lily Auction in a vain attempt to avoid acquiring more plants. In addition to plants bought this spring, I still have a few that I bought last year that are still sitting in tubs of water!

Plant lust... that's what it is.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 5:56PM
lisa_3(5)

I have three empty holes-and 6 (not counting bonus) coming in the mail any day. I succumed to a Maryott order to get the bonus Ruby Claire Mims. The neighbors have to wonder why I am continually planting and unplanting things.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:24PM
najoba(8b)

I have zillions of more seeds than I intend to plant, and still bought a couple of interesting crosses at the LA. I fully expected a negative response from my DH, but he didn't say a word. I guess he is used to me by now.

Nancy

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:42PM
organic_kitten(8)

It's just part of the addiction. We will rationalize if absolutely necessary, otherwise, acquire...again and again.

kay

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
Need some serious Daylily help
We are upgrading the front of the house with new railings...
msskriss
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™