weevels from Catherine8

Catherine8August 27, 2013

Oh- let garlic water solution cool first before pouring at base of tree. We like our trees and don't want to cook their little roots.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

this goes here (link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: what is this bug and how to kill it organically?

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 9:05AM
Catherine8

Yes. Arsenic is a naturally occurring chemical on earth. So is crude oil. That makes both of them organic compounds. It is abuse by man who uses them in concentrated versions, and allows them to enter our water supply and other places where they are not naturally occurring that makes them so dangerous. So, next time you plant a vegetable garden, make sure you don't plant any marigolds. They, too, contain a natural, organic compound that kills bugs, and can sicken animals that consume them. And if you don't like the suggestions posted here, simply ignore them. But don't be rude.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 6:30PM
greenie1_gw

Anyone ever tried this? I've had these weevils (photo is in the link in the post above) for several years on a crepe myrtle and they're brutal. Seems almost too simple. I do understand they hatch in the soil and climb up, and I've had limited success with Bayers combined with pick and squish.

5 cloves garlic,slice up, boil in water for 2-3 minutes, pour contents at base of tree. Do weekly.

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
Planting Spices
Hey folks, I was doing a bit of google searching, which...
silver4490
What to see in North Central FL this weekend?
I will be just north of Orlando. Any special events...
irma_stpete_9b
Miami/CoralGables ... 10b meet
Good morning everyone, I just saw Silvia//Oakland/9b...
alexcortez
A mystery plant... Any ideas?
Rescued this plant from a friends house. It's in pretty...
soleil_blume_hooke
Where can I get Ceropegia woodii?
Hello folks, This new format will take some getting...
flowerladylorraine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™