August 4 Flowers

nat4b(4)August 4, 2014

Some of my favorites from what's blooming today.

Forever Redeemed

Francis of Assisi

Yellow Titan

Sea Dragon

Fear Not

JKO

Guilded Appeal

purple noid LFO

First rebloom on The Band Played On

Last on Raspberries in Cream

Pleated noid without pleating

Man of Sorrows

Lily

Red zinnia

Feathered Storm

red noid

TFL!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

So many beautiful blooms in the post today. especially like Forever Redeemed, Francis of Assisi, and Fear Not. The clump of Sea Dragon is stunning. Beautiful post.
kay

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 5:28PM
mantis__oh

That noid looks familiar. How tall? Flower size? Pocket Change? Someone should know that. Sea Dragon looks mighty fine, but it does appear to be blooming beneath the foliage. Is that always the case?

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 7:36PM
shive(6b TN)

The Sea Dragon clump is a wow! Forever Redeemed and Fear Not always look perfect, and I do love Raspberries in Cream. I wish it would thrive here.

Debra

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 8:10PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Oh goodness, so many beauties to see, I love Forever Redeemed . That is so pretty.and that color on Francis of Assisi is gorgeous. my favorite color.Love Sea Dragon, too.and that clump is gorgeous.really like that pretty pink of
JKO . and Man of Sorrow is a pretty one, too. but,it always is pretty.thanks for the show.

jean

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 10:35PM
maximus7116(MI)

You have a ton of great blooms, but my favorites have to be Yellow Titan (great clump shot!) and Raspberries in Cream.

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 11:17PM
nat4b(4)

Thanks all!
Like I said I posted almost all of my favorites that were blooming today :) The only thing.. my laptop monitor distorts the colors, like zinnia looks almost orange-red, Fear Not looks like dull dark pink instead of bright red as it is and so on. Don't know why is that. That's why I like to view pics on my old-style desktop monitor, but I can't post from there.

Thanks for the suggestion Mantis! Pocket Change is more sort of true red than my noid. Several years ago you suggested something with the word Sultry in the name, iirc, but it was not that either. There are so many of such reds.
Yes, I mentioned last time I posted that Sea Dragon blooms in the foliage - not bad, still visible as can be seen in the pic but still in the foliage. But, I like how it looks, like the name, and this year it has rebloom scapes coming up!

Debra, one of the girls I know got a seedling that looks just like RIC!! She only remembers the pod parent, and it was.. Strawberry Candy! She thinks she crossed it with some red self.

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 11:21PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

Forever Redeemed is one of my favorites too. It does well here. I love your clump of Sea Dragon (almost got that one, now wish I had) and I especially love the clump of the mighty Yellow Titan. That one demands attention!

Celeste

Bookmark   August 4, 2014 at 11:35PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Ditto on the SEA DRAGON stunning. It reminds me of a bonus plant that I received in the spring BELLA NOTE and also like SOMEWHAT AWESOME. I was in a purple mood in the spring.
THE BAND PLAYED ON is on my want list as well as
FOREVER REDEEMED & FEAR NOT.
Your post is great I love when there are lots of pictures!
Which reminds me I planted white lilies last year and no white showed up this year. Hum... guess they kicked the bucket.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 2:33AM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

They are all very pretty, I can see why they are some of your favorites.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 6:47AM
Julia NY(6)

Wow, love the clump shot of SEA DRAGON. FOREVER REDEEMED really does well for you. Nice pic of it.

Julia

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 9:05PM
sherrygirl zone5

Like everyone else im a fan of Sea Dragon. Just gorgeous! Have to put that on my list. Love the clump pics!

Sherry

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 10:35PM
nat4b(4)

Thank you again for looking and commenting!

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 11:17PM
Nancy zone 6

Sea Dragon is a color that can sometimes be splotchy, but every flower on that clump looks perfect. I always like Man of Sorrows.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 9:59PM
surya55_gw

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing. I especially love Francis of Assisi and Sea Dragon.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
How cold can it get!
I am experimenting here!! seeing if I can start a...
Cindy zone 6a
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Rice Daylilies
I've grown quite a few of the daylilies hybridized...
Julia NY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™