uses for chocolate mint?

karenfharr(z9B/FL)December 11, 2006

Any ideas for how to use chocolate mint, dried or fresh?

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbalbetty

It makes a great tea, 1 teaspoon dried chocolate mint to 1 cup hot water. You can also infuse it in cream or milk and then use that in a recipe. So, if you were making a chocolate ganache to go on a cake, warm the cream with 1 tablespoon of the dried chocolate mint until just under a boil. Turn off heat and let it sit for 1/2 hour or so, strain the mint out. Then, use the infused cream as the recipe instructs. You could also flavor vodka with chocolate mint. Put a bunch of dried chocolate mint into a clean canning jar and then fill with vodka, making sure the entire bit of mint is covered at least by an inch of vodka. Wait 2-3 weeks, strain and enjoy.

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 8:54AM
Daisyduckworth(Aust)

Think 'chocolate', and chop some into anything chocolate-y - chocolate cakes, chocolate mousse, chocolate puddings, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate icing, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies, hot chocolate, chocolate sauce......

Sprinkle some over ice cream! Better still, sprinkle it over the ice cream which is served on waffles with chocolate sauce.

Coat the leaves in melted chocolate, and serve as an after-dinner treat, or use to decorate cakes etc.

Add some to whipped, sweetened cream which you serve with a chocolate cake or chocolate muffins.

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 5:04PM
karenfharr(z9B/FL)

Thanks so much to both of you! Can't wait to try these ideas!

Bookmark   December 17, 2006 at 6:03AM
zootjs(zone 5 MA)

Simplest: Put a spring in a glass of ice water. It will be magically tranformed.

Bookmark   February 1, 2007 at 6:57PM
herboholic

zootjs....you are SO right. There is nothing that will transform a nice refreshing glass of ice water like some mint, unless you add a wedge of lemon. My favorite, and only, beverage with dinner.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 12:18PM
herbivore

Put some chopped leaves in the blender with some ice cold milk and either chocolate ice cream or chocolate sauce/powder and ice cubes. Chocolatey-mint milkshake, here I come.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 3:59PM
georgiafornow(z7 GA)

Use them to garnish a Brandy Alexander. Yum!

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 4:13PM
sherinyc

I love this snack: plain yogurt (buy "total" brand if you see it), some finely chopped chocolate mint, and a handful of chocolate chips.

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 4:55PM
mfjh4

hey i read in an herb booklet,put chocolate mint in your coffee filter before you brew the coffee and it is a really nice hint of chocoalte and mint and add a little creamer and its just a really smooth good cup of coffee. Enjoy!

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Where can I get Equisetum arvense or Horsetail
I've been looking for Equisetum arvense or Horsetail...
forestelves
thyme as a house plant
HAPPY 2015 with snow on the ground (just a dusting)...
mauri256
Growing lemon grass
Has anyone grown lemon grass from seed?
minirose1
Mold on Dirt
Couple of questions. I am using the Burpee Greenhouses...
jaltman
Why is my basil wilted?
My roommate picked up this basil from the grocery store....
endi92
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™