WANTED: hoya help!!!

ajajoyApril 11, 2013

I have a hindu rope plant hoya that has been passed down to me...Its possibly 30 years old. The leaves started looking wrinkly a few months ago. I've tried giving it water, letting it dry out, and re-potting. Now the entire plant is wrinkled, and I'm afraid its dying or something. Just a minute ago I stuck my finger in the dirt to see how wet it was and I noticed little gnat-like bugs flying around. Does anyone have advice? I CAN NOT kill this plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whisst(zone 7)

you need to repot immediatly. Probably should get new soil and new pot. It wouldnt hurt either to gently wash with water to make sure you are not transfering the bugs to new pot. I hope this helps, and if not take a couple of cuttings from the main plant and stick them in water and in no time at all they should be rooted and be able to be planted.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 8:52PM
jlynn(8 sc)

how is your hoya? I had a beautiful one that got mealy bugs nursed it back and when i got divorced the person caring for my plant collection killed it. would love to get a start if yours has done well. i have several plants i can trade just havent had time to update my list.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 10:47PM
Adelpasque(4a)

I think they may be fungus gnats.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg1116482032419.html

The above is a forum discussion about black flies or gnats. I have been having trouble with them with the wet fall here.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
HAVE: i have a few cuttings for newbies
i have lacunosa snow caps and ruby sue, also have a...
amber_m
WANTED: hoyas
Years ago I had a couple hoyas and loved them now I...
raylynn2
HAVE: Cuttings for Trade
I have cuttings of the following plants to trade: diptera cv...
brsucculents
HAVE: Pretty good succulent list, want hoyas
I just did a trade and received some great hoyas and...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
have: brevialata, wayetii, ds-70, dischidia ruscifolia
I have the following cuttings for trade in the US (zip...
greentoe357
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™