WANTED: hoya help

maryataylor_2008June 19, 2008

I want to get more hoya. I have hoya stripes. it has really small leaves and a small start from a friend with small leaves called hoya string of hearts. I was wandering if the lip stick plant is hoya, it has the same kind of leaves as the larger ones that I have seen. I have a large one of them. I have seen a few plants in the stores that look like hoya. I was wandering if the hoyas always have hoya writen on the labels? if not how do you know that it is a hoya or not?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravenwv(6)

Hi Mary ..

I'm by no means an expert but from reading on here I think your Hoya stripes, if it is an EA plant, is a Hoya curtisii ... the String of Hearts could be a Ceropegia woodii .. that is not a hoya, but that is what a string of hearts plant usually is ...

I'm like you and think lipstick plants look like hoyas but they are Aeschynanthus ...

Usually, although they are most often mislabeled, the EA plants in the box stores DO say hoya on them..

I've attached a link to a post where some have post the incorrect name along with the correct name...

I hope this helps you out

Raven

Here is a link that might be useful: EA Tags

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
HAVE: All kinds of succulents for hoyas
I just updated my trade list so please check it and...
cactuspaul Tulsa zone7
WANTED: looking for more hoyas
Hi there folks, I desperately want more hoyas in my...
whisst
HAVE: Cuttings for Trade
I have cuttings of the following plants to trade: diptera cv...
brsucculents
HAVE: Hoya australis ssp. australis
Mine has gotten so large, I really have to give it...
denise_gw
HAVE: Hoya kentiana
I have rooted cuttings of Hoya kentiana. I'm interested...
ms_minnamouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™