WANTED: new to hoyas

midmercury(6)October 7, 2009

I am looking for someone that will send cuttings/seeds preffer cuttings though for postage I am new to hoyas and do not have any to trade and most of what I do have to trade is seeds frow flowers in my garden. Would love to have any but would really like to start out with the easiest ones to grow right now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maidinmontana

Hi, I don't have any cuttings to share at the moment. But I would like to offer some advise. Sometimes even the experts have trouble getting cuttings to root, depending on what kind of Hoya it is. May I suggest you spend a few extra dollars and get a rooted cutting from an on-line vendor?

Since you are new to the hoya world, and don't get me wrong, they aren't hard to grow, but I think you may have better results if you start with a growing plant. Trust me, there is a lot more to it than just sticking it in water/soil, if you want to be successful.

You would proably end up paying $5.00 + for postage on a cutting. There are vendors on E-Bay, as well as others, that sell them for a little more than that + shipping. But by the time you buy everything to amend your soil, get a pot and all the other stuff that goes along with successfully rooting hoya cuttings, you will have spent a lot more than the cost of a rooted plant on the web. And the ones you get are already in good soil, a decent pot that will accomodate them for a while, and have had all the feeding they need to grow up and be big.

Another good source is SRQhoyas, she is so sweet and her postage is very reasonable. She will treat you right.

Just my 02 cents worth. . . . Good luck,
Maid~

Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
WANTED: looking for possible trade
hi everyone, i have a wish list that i would really...
amber_m
WANTED: Epiphyllum German Empress for hoya
looking for good trade of Epiphyllum German Empress,...
suetran1
wanted: milkyweed plants or seeds
I'm looking for a good trade of Milkweed plants or...
suetran1
WANTED: Wanted: H. linearis and polyneura cuttings
Hi, I'm looking for a cheap cutting of H. linearis...
brsucculents
HAVE: Rooted Hoya Cuttings
I have ROOTED cuttings of the following: hoya carnosa...
aurorawa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™