New Additions - IV Edition

hostabffAugust 11, 2014

Some additional new additions - beautiful centers with a splash of color....

Viva Pinata

Celebration of Angels

Patricia Snyder Memorial

Fun Coneflowers

Blue Mouse Ears - the flower is perfectly proportioned with the size of the plant. One of the few hosta where I look forward to the blooms.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximus7116(MI)

I have and love PSM, but I'm really drawn to Viva Pinata. Is it listed as a white or pale yellow self? Either way, I love it.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 9:05PM
nat4b(4)

Viva Pinata is my favorite! Hosta looks great.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 10:06PM
statmam(z6)

Celebration of Angels is one of my all-time favorites, and your picture does her justice. The chartreuse hosta in the background picks up the bright green COA throat.

Thanks for the information about Blue Mouse Ears as well.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 10:48PM
Nancy zone 6

I always like Patricia Snyder Mem whenever I see it, but I love Viva Pinata. Don't think I've seen that one before. Your hosta is lovely, I have/had it in my garden. I don't keep up with my hosta much, either a bigger plant is overshadowing it, or I lost it overwinter.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 10:56PM
maximus7116(MI)

I just noticed in the line about your hosta that it's the only one you look forward to blooming. I thought I was the only one that preferred hostas naked. I prefer to cut off the flower stems before blooming, but will occasionally leave some of the white flowers.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 9:18AM
jkayd_il5

Everyone's PSM looks whiter than mine. Is it my soil or do pictures make it look less yellow? I like mine anyway but do wish it was whiter.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 9:50AM
mantis__oh

Anyone with experiences with Viva Pinata in cold zones? A friend in zone 5 said it did not grow well for him.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 10:35AM
opnjmprs

PSM looks so pretty that I may have to find that one and add it to the garden. That splash of color in the center is really eye catching.

mantis, I've had Viva Pinata for some years now, and it has done well for me. All my Gossard DL's need to be divided right now, because they are pretty vigorous and are crowding each other.

Linda

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 12:03PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Very pretty daylilies.And have never seen VIVA PINATA before,I have CELEBRATION OF ANGELS, too and love it. the hosta, MOUSE EARS, is very pretty with the blue flowers.I usually just cut flowers stams off of the hosta's as I don't like the flowers on the, but, this one is very pretty.Thanks for posting it.I may have to have MOUSE EARS one day.I have SUM AND SUBSTANCE and it gets huge, but,I don't like the flowers on it.

jean

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 2:46PM
shive(6b TN)

Patricia Snider Memorial and Viva Pinata look wonderful!

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 7:50PM
hostabff

Thanks for the feedback.
Chris, Viva Pinata is listed as a yellow. It's a very nice soft yellow like the picture. I really don't like hosta flowers - especially the lilac ones - and cut them off.
jkayd - I really have been growing PSM for two years. Over that time the flower consistently blooms the color you see above.

Bookmark   August 12, 2014 at 10:06PM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

I love Blue Mouse Ears and have several clumps of it. It multiplies really quickly for me - I've given away a few pieces to friends and family too. I have Mighty Mouse also and really like that as well. Viva Pinata is one I saw recently somewhere on line and really admired the picture of... it's on my want list. Your picture of it is lovely.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 6:17AM
More Discussions
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™