More S's.

mizellie(z7 Al)August 19, 2012

You all must be getting tired of seeing my photo's by now but I'm not tired of posting them..Hehehe!! Ellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I know I am not tired of your pictures! I enjoy them very much. The forum just seems kinda dead as of late. These are all so pretty. There sure are a LOT of 'S's. I especially like Spiny Sea Urchin, Spirited Beginnings, Spring Chorus and Sultry Spanish Eyes. That poly on Stop the Show is cool!

Celeste

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 8:59AM
Julia NY(6)

Ellie: I've been reading all the posts you've done so don't stop and I'm not tired of viewing. I haven't posted because I'm enjoying the show and what could I say since I love them all. LOL.

It is crunch time here and I'm almost done with all the plant moving and trying to eliminate double plantings of the same cultivar and move out those who would be better off somewhere else. I've replaced a few with new ones (new to me)and got them all planted too. I'm sure you've been there, done that too.

Keep the posts coming.

Julia

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:43AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

I am not tired of looking at your gorgeous blooms. STOP THE SHOW is so pretty. love them pinks, too.

Jean

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 12:48PM
hostabff

Never tired of your pictures. Please keep them coming. I like String Bikini - very different!

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:05PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Celeste, it is cool on Stop The Show but doesn't make the flower look pretty. Stop The Show is one of the old ones I am keeping because I just love the bloom. Out of the rest you chose, Spring Chorus is my favorite, along with Spiny Sea Urchin..

Julia, I am there and doing that. I have reset a couple of hundred so far and have at least a hundred to go. I haven't started my UF's and Spiders yet but I plan to start tomorrow. Also, when I finish those, I have at least a hundred doubles to sort through and see what I want to keep. Since I had about 750, I hope to keep about half. I do however plan to keep all the seedlings..about 3 or 4 hundred that have bloomed. To many for and old woman to work alone...

Jean, Stop The Show is from 86' but she has such beautiful blooms and BIG too that I couldn't bare to get rid of her. Sometimes she isn't as pink as other times but I love the cream and pink blend..

Hostabuff, I like String Bikini's color. I have quite a few spiders and UF's and plan to keep them all. The yellow on her face seems to accent the purple. She's a beauty and really does well here..she doesn't get as tall for me as she is supposed too!!

Thanz for you input!! Ellie

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 9:52PM
avedon_gw

Dragging up the rear on this post, don't stop Ellie, love all your pictures. My favs are Square Dancers Curtsey, Spirited Beginnings, and Stop The Show. Avedon

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 12:00AM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Thank you Avedon. I love Square Dancers Curtsy. I wonder what happened to everyone...to busy, I suppose!! Ellie

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 7:48PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Thank you Avedon. I love Square Dancers Curtsy. I wonder what happened to everyone...to busy, I suppose!! Ellie

Bookmark   August 21, 2012 at 7:49PM
houstmag

What!!!! tired of your photos it wont happen. You sure have some gorgeous blooms I love every one of them.
Linda

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 8:17AM
Maryl zone 7a

Another pretty batch. I'm outside trying to fertilize my roses for the last time this season, and don't get on as much as before, but I sure hope you keep posting. What a nice break to see all your daylilies after working so hard on the roses. Great shot of Strawberry Candy, but I think the nod goes to Splendid Touch or Spring Chorus....Maryl

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 4:49PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Linda, you are very encouranging..Thank you!!

Maryl, I managed to save a few fans of each. Since I am downsizing, I had to re-locate and set aside and area. I also decided that I would get my favorites in that are and everything else had to go. So much to do and so little...energy.. Thanks for commenting!! Ellie

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Fertilizing daylily seedlings
My sprouts are about 2 weeks old and getting to be...
nancykvb
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
Question About Seed Sprouting
I was throwing out some old seed packets that were...
alameda/zone 8
in case anyone is interested
here is the link to Daylily Mecca info , in case anyone...
signet_gw
Sponsored Products
VIGO 60-inch Frameless Shower Door 3/8" Clear Glass Chrome Hardware with White B
Modern Bathroom
David Trubridge Design | Reed Half Pendant Light
YLiving.com
Grayson Heirloom Bronze Three-Light Bath Fixture
$344.00 | Bellacor
University of Southern California Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Tempo Highback Office Chair in White
$309.00 | LexMod
Welles Loveseat - Key Largo Grass Green
Joybird Furniture
Bey-Berk International 8H in. Shark Attack - B111