Very buttery.

cpawl(8)January 6, 2013

This evening I noticed this hoya is in bloom.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greedygh0st

Totally one of my favorite Hoyas!!

It was the first one to bloom for me and at first I didn't realize what was going on. The flowers were hidden and I didn't know they would be so small or strongly fragrant. One day there was just this bizarre popcorn smell near my 4th story windows.

I still think the pink blooms should smell like cotton candy, so I can have a complete carnival, though...

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 10:38AM
golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)

Very Pretty Cindy... whats the name of that one?

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 12:57PM
emt23(5)

Nice Cindy! I have only failed blooms this winter, the heat went off and they are in a setback. No apparent losses yet, plant wise. Thanks for sharing! I am going to add this one to my list. I think it is h.heuschkeliana, right? ~ Mary

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 1:34PM
cpawl(8)

Mary your right it the yellow heuschkeliana.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 8:43PM
mdahms1979

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 1:33PM
greedygh0st

The pink one does seem more delicate to me as well, but I also prefer yellow! :)

As long as we're on the subject, can I ask you guys something that's been bugging me for a while? What's with Hoya heuschkeliana ssp. cajanoae? I've found this name associated with both the pink and the yellow one, arguments over the spelling, arguments over the validity of the publication, and even something that made it sound like not all the yellow ones were cajanoae (or was it pink?). Anyone here feel confident that they know what's what?

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 2:58PM
mdahms1979

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:15AM
greedygh0st

Haha. I like the way that double-post happened a whole DAY later! So it looks like we're having a conversation in which I am just. not. listening...

Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
succulent leafed hoyas
Would love to know from all of you which hoyas have...
pal123
Where to get Hoya Cuttings or starts (from Canada)
Hello, I have a few Hoya's, but I would like to add...
rcharles_gw
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™