Hosta Santa/Elf

Teresa_MNFebruary 3, 2013

How many of you remember the hosta santa/elf? Gosh - that goes back a few years...... at least 6 years. I mailed seeds to a number of people...... I am wondering if any of those seeds grew into something you still have in your garden.

Here is a picture of something I received from a hosta elf named caliloo.

I think the funniest thing sent in the Hosta Santa mailings was a Pez dispenser that looked like an evil elf! Andrea/Ken - remember that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_in_colorado

What are those, future 'Popcorn' seedlings?

I know, it's a pretty corny joke.

Don B.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 5:23AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

i dont remember ...

welcome back BTW ...

i didnt play the secret santa stuff ...so i didnt pay any attention ...

purple verticated elf [whatever, i aint looking it up] ... is still struggling as 'a' division .. and i wonder if it will come back this year after the heat and drought last year ... thanks for sending me YOUR problem plant.. lol .. but dont hold your breath that you will ever get a piece back.. lol ... unless you want it all back ... its a real PIA ...

have not seen much of the bald fuzzy headed kid around here .. she lost interest after her garden was decimated by something or another .. in fact .... i think it was more like.. one thing 'after' another ..... hopefully she will come back ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: well this might get her back.. lol .. carribean veggie stew.. whats that all bout..

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 8:39AM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Ken, are you talking about the lady who did the Hosta Forum FAQs?

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 11:05PM

yeah.. she came onto GW when my kids were babes.. and the only show i would NOT allow them to watch was that crybaby afraid of his own shadow.. whiny piece of carp kid .... calliou ..

her name is a african/Caribbean stew [my word].. but i used to bug her by calling her the bald headed kid ... lol ..

and i am doing it here.. to try to lure her back to defend her culinary namesake.. lol ...

as to the FAQ.. she would just copy/paste parts of posts ... on things that seemed to be repeated over.. and over ...

ken

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 12:27PM
More Discussions
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
i will miss the freak
phil the hostafreak passed on 12/4 ... an aneurysm...
GardenWeb Houzz coupling
What is going on?! Nasty. Anyway, Paula_b_gardener...
paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
Hosta Z 2014
Zippity Zoo Da In every gardener there is a child who...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™