Rabbit!

hostanistaFebruary 19, 2014

A sure sign of Spring - I saw a rabbit in the back yard today!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida

Looks like time for the professionals. That is real cute. Something I cannot do here.

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 4:16PM
bkay2000(8a TX)

We get snow, but rarely enough to build a snowman (once every 5 or 10 years). They accidentally sent some brick forms for making snow bricks to the local Walmart. They couldn't even sell them for 10 cents each. I suppose they threw them away.

Great rabbit.

bk

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 6:17PM
don_in_colorado

Cool snow bunny. I wish I could say seeing rabbits is a sign of spring; I see them commonly year-round here! I'm fortunate that they haven't eaten any hosta leaves/pips of mine, at least not yet. Our outside cat will eat them if he can catch 'em, though. He's a good deterrent.

Don B.

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 9:05PM
mosswitch

There were rabbit tracks in the snow everywhere a couple of weeks ago. The raptors have finally returned after being absent for 3 years following our Joplin tornado, hope they do their jobs and get rid of them again! There are foxes too for bunny population control. My cat is too old, well fed and lazy to bother.
Sandy

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 10:22PM
ninamarie(4Ont.)

They've been at my bird feeders, scoring the sunflower seeds the birds have dropped. I look out the front door about every hour at night and there seem to three of them. One runs west, one runs east, one runs south. My dog runs north. It's odd. Rabbits seem to flourish up and down my long driveway, but I rarely find rabbit damage on plants. However, we have given up trying to grow burning bush, which is just rabbit candy here.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 12:28PM
gardens1(5b ON)

They also find parrotia persica very tasty, too...:(

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
hostanista
donrawson
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™