U's , V's and a few W's.

mizellie(z7 Al)August 29, 2012

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julia NY(6)

Great show Ellie. I like the combination of flower forms from round, ruffled, eyed,doubles, spider, UF, etc. Great variety you've posted on your threads.

VICTORIAN LACE is getting moved here and if it doesn't improve next year, out it goes. I'd rather use the space for something that will bloom and increase.

Julia

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:03AM
houstmag

Ultraviolet Mood and Watermelon Taffy are my favorites of a gorgeous group.
Linda

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:40AM
mantis__oh

Really like the clump shot of Uninhibited!

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 2:41PM
organic_kitten(8)

I'm very partial to Victorian Lace, so that's my choice, Ellie, but you ave a lot of pretty ones.
kay

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 3:19PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

VICTORIAN LACE is my favorite, but I'm also drawn to WAITING IN THE WINGS. It looks like a great bloomer. Is it?
Val

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:42PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Lovely, Ellie. Especially the first one!

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 6:19PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Julia, I am surprised VL isn't doing well for you. I really like mine..

Linda, WT is a favorite with me. I love the soft colors..

Mantis, Uninhibited always does well here. It's one of my doubles I am going to keep..

Kay, I am partial to VL too. I love the soft cream..

Val, WITW bloomed so well for me this year. I know you saw all the bud and everytime I thought it was done, it started again.

Rita, that photowas made in the rain, way back when.. We got a little today and I was so happy to see and feel it..

Thank you all and I apologize for the delay in answering. I have been a bit busy and I don't feel to well either..
Ellie

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 10:13PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow, I Like VICTORIAN LACE and also WATERMELLON TAFFY gorgeous blooms but, they are all gorgeous, well, I dont care much for the spider kind, I like the rounded ones, but you sure have some beauties.

jean

Bookmark   September 1, 2012 at 10:46PM
shive(6b TN)

Victorian Lace and Uninhibited are two that do very well for me. Of the ones I don't have, Ultraviolet Mood and Watermelon Taffy are my favorites.

Debra

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 12:02AM
mantis__oh

Victorian Lace does well here (as you could tell from my posts), but further north there are reports of more problems. I notice that this year Edward complained of its performance also.

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 11:42AM
Julia NY(6)

Well VL is getting moved this coming week. I keep thinking I should have purchased it from someone else and perhaps I wouldn't be having the issues I am with it. I only got a single fan 2010 and it didn't show up in 2011 and I thought it died but it came up late in the season but with 1 scape and 2 blooms which were dogs. This year I have 3 very small fans and no scapes. I wonder sometimes if I even have the right plant. I no longer buy single fans.

Julia

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 1:51PM
mizellie(z7 Al)

Jean, we all can't like the same things. We need variety to peek interest. My problem is that I like all forms with doubles being my least favorite..

Debra, I'll have to check but I think Ultraviolet Mood is one that went bye bye but I kept Watermelon Taffy..

Mantis, that's to bad since VL does so wel here! I remeber when Edward got his VL..He was excited about it..

Julia, I have the same problem with single fans. I had a loss this year of anew one that had 5 fans. Half died ( crown rot) on receipt so I thought to save the others but they seem to have bit the dust too. They cost me a buck too.. It was April Smith .. A beautiful pink..

Thank you all.... Ellie

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 5:51PM
More Discussions
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Voles have started....again!
Have found the first vole tunnel in a while...in the...
organic_kitten
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™