Buds, Blooms and Other Stuff

kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)February 19, 2010

Can't remember if I already posted some of these - buds and blooms since January 1.

Hoya bella Luis Bois

Hoya lacunosa snowcaps buds

Hoya lacunosa snowcaps

Hoya scortechinii buds (blasted...twice)

Hoya retusa

Hoya cv Iris Marie

Hoya brevialata buds

Hoya brevialata

Hoya nummuralioides

Terrarium (aquarium from Goodwill)with Hoya imbricata, Dischidia hirsuta, and Dischidia platyphylla mounted on Swamp Sticks!

Dischidia vidalii

Butterwort (?) carnivorous plant

Sundew (?) carnivorous plant

PVC Stand $3 @ Goodwill - future plant stand!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Forgot Hoya DS-70 or whatever the EA version is:

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 4:36PM
jlt37869

Awesome pictures!!! I might have to track down a bella ,,, that bloom is stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 4:56PM
patrick51(5)

Beautiful pictures, Kelly....I love what you've done with H. imbricata...all of your blooms are gorgeous...you truly must have a "green" thumb...congratulations!! Fondly, Patrick

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 5:45PM
mdahms1979

Beautiful photos of your plants Kelly!

I was excited to see your Hoya scortechinii, that's one I should not have passed up when I had the chance. Does your plant show veining on it's leaves at all? Here's hoping that those buds develop.

The Hoya imbricata that I got last year is starting to grow now but it took a while to settle in. I have one on cork and one on tree fern and they both look happy. Have your plants been mounted on the swamp sticks long?

Mike

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 7:19PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Kelly, as usual I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful pictures! Congrats on all your buds/blooms...you take great pics! Your imbricata seems to be doing very well...you sure seem to have the knack! Great job! Thanks for posting.

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 9:08PM
luvofroses

Kelly thanks for sharing such lovely blooms. They were certainly nice to see on a dreay day like we're having today.
Ann in So Ut

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 2:51PM
Jan Sword

Great photos!! so many are iun bloom, you are doing great!

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 5:29PM
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Thanks! I don't think any other hobby has ever drawn me in like these darn plants!

Jennifer- if you can find the H bella Luis Bois definitely get it! The flowers really are stunning and the foliage is beautiful- literally brightens up the room! Mine is an Exotic Angel. I think cowboyflowerman on eBay carries them sometimes as well.

Mike, I got scorthechinii in last year's DL order. Have already taken one cutting from it and it's grown 3 peduncles. It's budded twice, but has blasted both times. The leaves do have darker veins, but it's kind of subtle due to a sort of stained glass look. Mine have some spots on them as well, but that may be environmental. I love the buds - very irridescent with that pink dot in the middle, but TINY! Will take some leaf photos tomorrow.

I just transferred the imbricata from bark to the Swampstick about a month ago. It was actively growing at the time of transfer and is continuing to grow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The Swampsticks are VERY clever!

Kelly

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
My Hoya onychoides
Hey all, my Hoya onychoides finally bloomed for the...
rennfl
Signs of life on a peduncle!
I need a bloom it's been a very long time. I'm having...
Liberated
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™