bit off topic

wallisadiAugust 26, 2012

grew up watching this, must have moved this paper twenty times, nice to read again. bit of a collector here....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinael01(10A)

God bless you Neil.

"During his next space trip in July 1969, Armstrong and fellow astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins blasted off in Apollo 11 on a nearly 250,000-mile journey to the moon that went down in the history books."

My dad woke me up to watch this. The nuclear family depicted on the ride "spaceship earth" watching the moon landing, part of Disney's Epcot ride Planet Earth....that was my family. I was seven.

Can you imagine the courage it takes to enter the spaceship for these journeys into space? OMG....the Challenger......that is TRUE courage.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 8:46PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
Isn't it interesting how much time effort and money was poured into Apollo but when the Russians quit trying the entire effort went bust??
Runaway most interesting program going on now is the New Horizons which will go into orbit around the dwarf planet Pluto in 2015 and should provide pix of not only the Kuiper belt but the hypothetical Oort cloud. I met Clyde Tombaugh (discovered Pluto in 1930) and some of his ashes are actually in the craft.
Amazing that from the beginning of time to 1930 to discover 9 planets there are now well over 650!!
The solor system is at least 5 times bigger than thought during the moon landing!! Wouldn't even venture a guess as to the concept of the universe in say a hundred years .
almost everything known if not completely untrue was seriously flawed.!! Mind boggling stuff!!! gary

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 2:40AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

Truly a sad day yesterday, all my heroes are dying off....

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
need seeds
i was wondering if anyone can send me some seeds to...
the2015farmer
Rusty Nails and Rainwater.
While cutting old lumber down to sizes for my micro...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake, F
Caladium bulbs: 3 for $1 at Ace Hardware
Some of the Ace Hardwares here in Jacksonville had...
love_the_yard
Sprung
Firebush is waking up, Amaryllis has opened and Wendy's...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake, F
Anyone have a azalea (coronado red)?
I picked up a couple at Home Depot yesterday (yes...
Debo214
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™