Is this Hoya finlaysonii?

SusanC(9b/10a Sunset 17)February 14, 2010

This plant was donated to our Botanical Garden's house plant propagation group and tentatively identified as Hoya finlaysonii. The color of the flowers doesn't seem quite right, though, so we would like to get a definitive id.

Thanks for your help!

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Not sure...but that flower sure is BEAUTIFUL! The color is so pretty. Mine's not bloomed yet...but from the pics I've seen of Finlaysonii blooms the color doesn't match? It might also be the camera or the lighting when the pic was taken. The leaves on yours resemble mine. So many different varieties out there, I'm still learning. Will look forward to someone iding this one for you. What a NICE donation! Thanks for the picture!

Bookmark   February 14, 2010 at 7:37PM
ladygreensleeves

Hmmmm....I would say give it another day or two and let the blooms open up fully and take another picture for us if you would please.

The leaf does look like finlaysonii, but it will be the flower that will help the experts ID it for you.

I agree with Pug , what a very nice donation to your Botanical Garden. Good luck with your ID.

Bookmark   February 14, 2010 at 10:57PM
mdahms1979

There is huge variation within the species Hoya finlaysonii. Both the flower colour and the leaf size, shape, texture and colour. Your plants leaves look very much like my Hoya finlaysonii Chanin Thout (collection site in Thailand? not to sure) that came from Paul Shirley's collection.
I would leave the label as it is with just Hoya finlaysonii.

Mike

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
If i give this hoya fertilizer will it branch off?
I have this fishtail cutting that has 5 leaves and...
tlbean2004
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Here we go (again!!!)
Just put in a huge order with Epiphytica. Lol. I swear,...
aurorawa
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™