Hoya Nicholsoniae

puglvr1(9b central FL)March 27, 2010

Does anyone know if this hoya is an early bloomer or more of "hardly" blooms hoya? I have one from Gardino's and its doing well...lots of reddish leaves so I know its getting plenty of light...is there such a thing as too much light with this hoya? I was wondering if anyone has had good luck getting this one to bloom for them? I'm not complaining as I did get this one for the pretty leaves...but the plant sure looks mature enough to bloom. Also the roots looks pretty snug in the pot...I wonder if I should repot it to a bigger size? Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw(5)

Hi Pug,

I've been growing nicholsoniae for quite awhile and I find it blooms early, but it doesn't bloom often. Not for me anyway. But the blooms are beautiful - you'll love them!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 12:18AM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Hi Denise, thanks for the response. I guess I will just have to be patient a little longer...I've not been blessed with this virtue,lol...At least the leaves are nice to look at, I guess that will have to do for now.

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 6:36PM
hort_lvr_4life

Hoyas like to be rootbound. You can change the soil to newer soil, but I would not suggest potting up.

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 9:31PM
More Discussions
Will a hoya cutting grow without the "tip"
Hi just recently acquired some hoya cuttings.. a lacunosa...
bkempress
davidcummingii seedlings
I have too many davidcummingii x ? seedlings to keep,...
rennfl
Suffering Hindu Rope
I have a little hoya (about 8" long) that's been...
ccj962
Hoya ID Needed
I just bought this beautiful plant at a local garden...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™