Blooming today

geosdee(Zone 8 FL Panhandle)March 28, 2010

Here are a few that are blooming today.

Variegated Multiflora blooms for the first time - received in the fall. This one took about 2 weeks before the buds opened, I was beginning to think they weren't going to.

Another view

Speckled lacunosa

another view of the flower

This is magnifica - it is not blooming but I need to figure out what to do with it - any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

Dee,

My variegated multiflora went south as soon as I got it, dropped all it's leaves. The leafless stems remain fine, so I'm hoping it will leaf out this spring. We'll see...

As for magnifica, I put mine in a hanging pot, but it does seem to want to climb. I think it's going to be a big grower!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 6:11PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Congrats on your blooms...love the variegated leaves. Very pretty!

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 6:29PM
mdahms1979

Nice plants Dee!

For some reason I did not think that I would like the variegated Hoya multiflora but that leaf on your plant changed my mind, really livens up the foliage on an otherwise kind plain Hoya.
Your Hoya magnifica looks very happy and healthy. I would put this one on a 24" - 48" trellis because it has nice big leaves and will appreciate the extra space/height to grow.

Mike

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 7:00PM
geosdee(Zone 8 FL Panhandle)

Mike I think you really need this multiflora, not only for the leaves but the flowers are different as well, they are a little more green than the picture shows and not the yellow as on the plain green.

That magnifica didn't grow for a couple months, just sat there, then I guess it decided it liked Florida and has been growing pretty fast.

Denise, if yours doesn't make it I can send you a piece later, but I think it will pick up for you now that it is getting warm.

thanks for the compliments all.

Dee

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 7:53PM
cpawl(8)

Nice photos. I love the var multflora.I am planning to order this one next week.

Cindy

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
My Hoya onychoides
Hey all, my Hoya onychoides finally bloomed for the...
rennfl
Where to get Hoya Cuttings or starts (from Canada)
Hello, I have a few Hoya's, but I would like to add...
rcharles_gw
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™