Hoya caudata

mdahms1979March 13, 2010

My Hoya caudata is blooming again so I though I would post a few photos. I find these flowers to be difficult to photograph because they face straight down.

The flowers on my plant only last a day or two but the leaves more than make up for the beautiful but short lived flowers. Here is an older photo of a new leaf developing.

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Beautiful! Do you know any specifics about this caudata? I have two - one from DL last year with HUGE leaves and one from a trade early last year with small leaves.

Kelly

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 7:10PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Mike, I love your Caudata bloom!! Caudata is one of my favorites for the leaves, but the bloom is definitely a bonus. Its a shame it is so short lived. I'm hoping my small one will bloom one day soon...but I think it will be a while. Thanks for the pictures.

Kelly, how cool that you have two different clones of Caudata.

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 7:29PM
mdahms1979

Kelly this plant is from David Liddle as well and is IML 0965. The largest leaf is 4.5" long by 2.5" across.

Puglvr my plant bloomed first about a year after I got it as a cutting but did not really settle in and begin to grow and bloom well for a couple of years.

Mike

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 7:55PM
tishfromwis(z5 WI)

Beautiful flowers and awesome leaves, Mikey. I like the little "hairs" on the petals, makes them look even more delicate.

Tish

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
What hoya is it? Pleace help ID!
I've got this cutting and I really want to know what...
Yuriyaa
Hoya australis ssp. australis
My australis ssp. australis is in dire need of a good...
denise_gw
Krimson princess question
I've had this hoya for about 6 months or so. Lately...
loveofbostons
Here we go (again!!!)
Just put in a huge order with Epiphytica. Lol. I swear,...
aurorawa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™