My first non-carnosa bloom!!!

gennykins(4)March 19, 2011

And it is Ruby Sue!!! I love the scent - reminds me of lilacs - and even better, there are three more peducles. Plain lacunosa is next to it and it has about a dozen. Talk about anticipation!

Also, a second fabulous find...

There is a phenomenal orchid green house about two miles from my home and I occasionally wander in for the color and fragrance. I was there today and he had a variegated kerri! It was huge and he sold me a 6 node cutting (with leaves!) for $10.00! Although it is not on my wish list, I had to buy it. I've cut it into three sections and its in a baggie. I'm a bit apprehensive - my house is still cool at night - but I am hoping for the best.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

Awsome, Genny! Lacunosa is such a good one to have blooming - such a sweet smell.

Is the kerrii the regular variegate (cream on the outside)? I like that one best. My reverse variegate loses all it's variegation in winter.

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 10:15PM
gennykins(4)

Denise,

It is the regular variegated. I received a reverse cutting in a trade last summer and it came with one leaf. It grew a new leaf within the last month - again, sooooo exciting -and the new leaf has more pronounced variegation than the leaf it came with. Perhaps the variegation on the new leaf will come to resemble the variegation on the old but for now, very cool.

Lisa

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 9:27AM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Congrats Genny!! I have 'Royal Flush' that blooms pink instead of white since it gets a lot of sun. My mixed pot of lacunosa reg. and sno caps blooms white I'm guessing since its in a shaded location (under Oak trees). Great deal on your Kerrii variegated...good luck rooting them.

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 11:59AM
mdahms1979

Congratulations on the lacanosa blooms!
I got a basket of Ruby Sue last year and I hope that I can find a Royal Flush as well because it's speckled leaves are just gorgeous.

Mike

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 10:00PM
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Congrats, Genny! Lacunosa is such a reliable plant!

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 10:11PM
greedygh0st

Congratulations! That's just too exciting. I love the way lacunosa flowers look like something Snugglepot & Cuddlepie would wear.

Even though I think most cultivar names are pretty cheesy, I have to agree that Royal Flush is aptly named. All these lacunosa cultivars have foliage that makes you think: I wouldn't change a thing.

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
If i give this hoya fertilizer will it branch off?
I have this fishtail cutting that has 5 leaves and...
tlbean2004
Hoya" preatorii& "lasiantha.
Hello hoya lovers, I need some help on my recent purchase...
cara
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
The secret to successfully growing flagellata?
Okay, so for the past couple of weeks, it has been...
aurorawa
Where to get Hoya Cuttings or starts (from Canada)
Hello, I have a few Hoya's, but I would like to add...
rcharles_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™