first spring flowers

jan_on zone 5bMarch 30, 2013

Finally - just two weeks behind last year. I have recorded bloom dates for this little clump of crocus for the past 20 years, and the dates vary from March 14 (last year) to April 11. So I guess that makes this year just about average. I can't expect hostas for a while yet, but the robins are back in town and the cardinals are singing. Life is good.
Happy Easter to all.
Jan

This post was edited by Jan.ON on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 13:43

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gogirlterri(5 IL)

Jan, my Crocus this year have never been mor gorgeous with golden yellow and purple blooms. I have patches over 6" in diameter of solid color. :o) I am afraid I haven't taken a picture because it has been so cold and tommorow when it will be warm they will be beyond their prime.
I love it when they appear but it is usually throught snow. I still live in what I feel is a drought region which most of you may find hard to imagine. The only snow that was significant lasted only 2 days. My monthly total of precipitation is less than 2 inches, and the Jan/Feb total less than than 2 ". All moisture has passed either North or South of me for the past 2 years.
Never the less, Crocus make my heart go pitter patter (I must truly be getting old. LOL)
Theresa

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 4:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_in_colorado

Ah, good to see; Very nice, Jan!

Don B.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 4:55PM
More Discussions
what do you plant in
This is my newest planted my husband buffed and painted...
almosthooked
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
Trying to get a link to work
A link was added to this post. Let's see if it shows...
tsbccowboy
GardenWeb Houzz coupling
What is going on?! Nasty. Anyway, Paula_b_gardener...
paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
Zinc plant markers
Is this what everyone is using? I saw 100 for sale...
CindyCRNA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™