ATTN Leekle2ManE (don't look if you hate spiders)

bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)September 14, 2012

Are these what you are looking for? If so I have a couple of egg sacks located for you if you want them, or you could take the spiders also. I'm sure there are more egg sacks to come as these spiders are everywhere on the property.

In this one picture can see 3 of the spiders lol.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake

Beautiful! Yes, those are what I have been missing. I am sorely tempted to hop in the truck and come pick up an egg sack. Unfortunately, my wife absolutely HATES spiders. If I put one in our back yard she would never go outside again.

Oh, but I am so very tempted. Beautiful spiders...

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 9:55AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Lol.

My wife hates them also. The garden spiders and the golden orb weavers like the openings between the canes of the black berries and raspberries. Since I have a couple hundred feet of the brambles I accumulate a lot of spiders. As long as they make the webs high enough the ducks can't eat them they are safe here. I rather like seeing them..heck you can even pet the golden orb weavers.

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 10:11AM
MuscledBear(10a)

Very nice. I miss those as well, Used to have them up in my northern gardens. I love these big orb weavers. I don't see a lot of (or any) spiders in my garden here in Florida.

I am in urban St Pete, but I was thinking for me it was all the anoles in my yard. Lizards everywhere. But I think the large numbers of lizards mean that there is a healthy ecosystem outside. But also think they munch on any spiders that try to get a hold in my yard.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 7:14AM
bamboo_rabbit(9A Inverness FL)

Bear,

We have 100's of lizards around so don't think that is it. A lot of people hate the spiders and kill them on sight, i'm sure it takes it's toll on the population.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Can you make this page open first after logging in?
On this new site I find getting to this page requires...
stewbrew FL_10b
Where can I get Ceropegia woodii?
Hello folks, This new format will take some getting...
flowerladylorraine
Thinking of planting azaleas
So I went for it and ripped out the ugly bushes in...
Debo214
Staghorn cutting
A friend gave me a piece of her staghorn. How do I...
drich30099
New Floridian gardener
Im a snowbird who is loving gardening all year long...
juttz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™