Mildew on Pachyclada

teisa(6)April 27, 2013

Hi I am hoping someone can give me advice on a plant that is having problems. I started a plant off my big Pachy and gave it to my mom. Well her house is next to a large creek and is very humid. When I visited tonight I noticed a leaf dropped from the small plant. (currently has about 10 leaves). I touched the pot and another dropped. All the newer leaves had mildew spots on the underside and it is dropping the newest 4 leaves like crazy. I just bought Sulfur -fungicide this week ( for Clivia seedlings) so I'm wondering if this would help the plant?

I know Mike has given people great advice about fungus in the past!! So I hope he sees this post!!! Or has anyone else experienced this??

-Teisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greedygh0st

Hmm. Well I'd have her mix cinnamon with enough water to make a paste and smear that all over the underside. I've had luck with that in the past.

I also made a strong solution of 1:6 lemon juice and water last year when I developed mildew on the tops of my leaves in my aquarium. The mold was this really weird sticky stuff so I sprayed, then scrubbed it off, and then sprayed again. Idk whether that was what I was supposed to do but it worked.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 3:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cpawl(8)

I have used on many occasions athletes food spay.I usually have problems with mildew in early spring when we still get cool nights with our high humidity.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
Help my beloved hoya...
This hoya is my favorite plant. It used to be so lush...
plumerias
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™