another question.

jean_ar(z8 Ar)September 12, 2013

Edward answered my last question I had, and now I have another question I hope some one can answer for me, what is meant by Polychrome. I see it all the time, describimg a daylily, but just what does it mean?

jean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

I'm not sure I can put it into words well enough, but it is a daylily that blends at least two colors, no definite lines. I've only seen it referred to in pink/yellow, but there are probably others. I have Skipjack that I think is considered a polychrome.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 7:35PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Thank you Nancy and that picture is a beautiful bloom.I love that one, and its considered a polychrome?

any one else want to answer the question, too?

Nancy, That is SKIPJACK? in your picture? its really a beauty,I love it.

jean

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 10:53PM
nat4b(4)

Skipjack is beautiful!
That's how I understand it too, like Nancy described. Poly chrome - many colors. Like it will be a light yellow with a little bit of light pink in the petal, maybe lighter yellow or off white. I have one, it has yellow petals with pinkish midribs, something like that.

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 2:44PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

OK. Thank you very much, Both of you.well,I kept seeing it all the time, describing certain daylilies and never knew what it meantEven looking in the daylily journals, never found what it is.

jean

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 3:10PM
Nancy zone 6

That is Skipjack in the photo, Jean. I looked on Tinkers site & they don't mention it being a polychrome, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere, maybe when I bought it. Skipjack is an oldie & one of the first daylilies I got. A couple of years ago I thought I lost it to rot, every year I lose at least 2 to rot after they finish blooming. I had a nice clump of Skipjack, but only have 1 fan now that survived. I've been babying it, love the color.
This year I don't think I've lost a single plant to rot! Of course, we've had a wonderful summer, I don't think temps got over 93, hardly out of the 80s all summer. And lots & lots of rain. My daylilies have done well, but some of my bulbs aren't so happy. I dug some daffs to divide & spread around, found lots of rotted bulbs :(

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™