Plant clips

golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)April 18, 2012

Just a thought but I always buy my plant clips at the dollar store (Hair clips) they basically have the same ones - well, except for the nice dragon flies... but I buy stars, flowers and butterflies... all sizes..... Check it out some time...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

I do that too, Golden! And I buy all kinds of sizes, too. I don't just use them to clip vines back into a hanging plant, but I use them to clip vines along my shelves or up the woodwork on a window, to the blinds... They're handy for sure.

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 6:24PM
golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)

Exactly Denise! The nice thing about the dollar store ones is - as you say - they do come in larger sizes... so for instance my very large carnosa has all kinds of vines that need to be held up... so one large one does the trick ....they work well - at least for me - lol
Mindu I am not trying to take away from the very nice ones the hoya shops sells - its just convenience for me and most times they are only a dollar :0)
Nice to see you back Denise!

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 6:28PM
Laura_Carnosa

I bought 1000 dragon flies from chula.
(GG- your dream come true?;)

And OMG I will never run out. So I use them for hair, plants and decoration. And if they get broken, I dont care too much.

But you gals have a point, they are only good for clipping a vine or two into place!
D'OH!

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 7:36PM
greedygh0st

Yep, that's the plan. My Hoya calendar entry is going to be me in a bathtub full of them.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
My Hoya onychoides
Hey all, my Hoya onychoides finally bloomed for the...
rennfl
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
Bragging on the hubby (photo heavy)
Ever since he made this wonderful shelving system,...
aurorawa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™