J. Davisson Daylilies Have Arrived

avedon_gwSeptember 27, 2012

Today was like Christmas when I looked in the mail box and there was our DL order from Judy Davisson. She sent 4 huge plants,three I ordered and a bonus plant, which I did not expect. I received Mr. Butters, Rambunctious Rosie, In My Pink High Heels, and bonus plant Part Time Princess. Really happy about that, since PT Princess is pink and will be planted next to IMP High Heels. I think PT Princess blooms first, and then IMPHigh Heels comes next. Well, hope to find out next year. I am posting a pic of the plants soaking in our work sink. They are so large, they take up one side of the sink. Avedon

Oh, here's a little something extra--our red spider lilies are blooming now, nice color.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

Lovely big plants, Julia and bonuses are great...once you figure out where to plant them.

Surprise lilies are hard to beat. Mine were well past peak when we got home from vacation, but the butterflies were all over them. Did the butterflies love yours too?
kay

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 8:38PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow, avedon, looks like you got some real nice big plants.now the fun starts to get them planted. I have them spider lilies blooming too. a few in the front yard and a batch in the back yard,and I never planted none of them.They are pretty,and I like them.

jean

Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 10:34PM
Julia NY(6)

I wish they were mine but alas, it is not :-(. Judy sends very large plants. Just give RR alot of room. Looking forward to your pics next year.

Julia

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 8:23AM
floota

Aren't Judy's plants wonderful? If they do as well for you as they have done for me, you will be very pleased1 If there was enough room here, I'd grow all of hers. They do that well!
A few weeks ago, I lifted and divided MEAN GREEN for the first time since getting it when it first came out. (I had donated two double fans to Regional meetings I'd attended, and also wanted to give a piece to a friend.) Was worried that I wouldn't have much left over after taking 6 fans off, but there are at least 8 fans left! Great plant.

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 11:33AM
organic_kitten(8)

Avedon,
You are gong to have some gorgeous pics next year!
kay

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 12:25PM
Maryl zone 7a

Those are really nice fans. I looked at her website but didn't have the password to see her 2013 introductions. From what I saw she mostly specialiazes in UF's. Pretty colors. I've posted her website for those that are interested.....Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Judy Davisson daylilies

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 2:09PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

Great looking plants! Can't wait to see your pictures next year.
Val

Bookmark   September 28, 2012 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
Curt Hanson daylilies
This took me some time to find most of my pics. I'm...
Julia NY
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
Daylily Grab Bag
I found a plant sale given by our local Daylily Society....
srks72
Voles and Snow Cover
With the great weather today I did some cleanup in...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
May have cooked my seeds?
After a number of seasons of trying to find a warm...
del_s
Sponsored Products
Bolla Satin Nickel One-Light Bath Fixture with Opal Matte Glass
$153.00 | Bellacor
Glenwood Duvet Cover - Super Queen
$649.00 | FRONTGATE
Free-Pad New Genuine Heriz Serapi Wool Rug 2' 6" x 9' 11" Rust Hand Knotted Runn
BH Sun Inc
Designers Fountain Outdoor Camden LED32411 Wall Lantern - Oil Rubbed Bronze - LE
$55.50 | Hayneedle
Shower Curtain Artistic Seattle Skyline Sports
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Darya Rugs Ziegler, Blue, 8'4" x 9'8" M1765-122
Darya Rugs
Yosemite Home Decor Chandeliers Sequoia 13-Light Incandescent Chandelier Dark
Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Loloi Rugs Rugs Fairfield Life Style
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™