I Finally Got It!

moonwolf_gwApril 12, 2012

Hi everyone,

I couldn't pass it up. Joni has Royal Flush on her April sale and now chalk up one more for my collection :). My Ruby Sue and Sno Caps cuttings are doing extremely well. I just spotted a point of new growth on Sno Caps.

Well, better get moving and water some plants. I'm glad I can start feeding them again (MG Tomato Food). Maybe that'll get some blooms for me on fungii lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greedygh0st

Congratulations, Brad! :D I'm so happy for you. I just found my first Sno Caps blooms yesterday and it totally made up for my discovery of a small mealy invasion a few feet away. Sometimes I think they should manually plant a mealybug on everyone's first Hoya, just so we don't have that false grace period where we believe we'll never get infected because we're too smart.

Anywayyyyyy. I think lacunosas are awesome and everyone should have every cultivar. If you just have one, it gets lonely. That is my stance and I'm sticking to it.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 4:36PM
moonwolf_gw

Thank you, GG! Congrats on the Sno Caps blooms! I really miss the fragrance and I hope mine get to bloom soon. Royal Flush isn't in my collection yet, physically, but it will be soon :).

I agree that everyone should have at least one lacunosa in their collection, unless they find the scent overpowering lol. When I had my first lacunosa, now deceased if you recall, mom smelled the blooms and loved it. I was surprised since she has a sensitive nose, but we all liked it. In case you were wondering, I have not yet picked out a name yet for Royal Flush lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:35PM
Aggie2(10a)

Congrats Brad,

I got Royal Flush from Joni last month, it was first one I received in new smaller pot and it looks great. It is growing like mad, and I had to pot it up last weekend, as it was drying very fast! It's my second lacunosa, and most likely not the last one!
Aggie

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 10:33PM
greedygh0st

You know, at first I could barely tell the difference between my Royal Flush and Ruby Sue. But as they mature in the same conditions, it becomes more and more pronounced. It's cool.

I have this one flat where all my lacunosas live, getting tangled up in each other and every time I look at it, it reminds me of that awesome tangled mass of Dischidias when Denise took me on the best field trip ever. I may never have a greenhouse, but at least I can create a mini overgrown carpet. That gives me the lols.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 11:10AM
golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)

I apologize to go off topic but, Speaking of Denise... has anyone heard from her lately? I hope everything is alright on her side of the world....

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 3:25PM
greedygh0st

I heard a peep from her the other day, so she's still kickin' but I don't know much more than that. Maybe she'll chime in. :) I was kind of hoping for an update myself!

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 5:15PM
More Discussions
Bloom trigger?
Growers, Hoya beginner here....I grow a wide variety...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Here we go (again!!!)
Just put in a huge order with Epiphytica. Lol. I swear,...
aurorawa
Hoya?
Anyone know the name of this Hoya...about 3cm flower?...
marleneann
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™