Here's the H. aff. parasicta 'Lau 2'

wrynsmom(5)April 6, 2010

This one also came from Joni. Lots of buds!!!!

I just repotted it, and in doing so, had to switch to a larger trellis . . .hope it doesn't mind too much. :(

Carolyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cpawl(8)

I like this hoya,I will have to keep my eye open for this one.

Cindy

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 6:26PM
tishfromwis(z5 WI)

Very pretty leaves Carolyn!!! Do you know what the flowers look like? I'm a "leaves person", but that doesn't mean I don't love the flowers too. I'm so excited to see everyones orders. I mean that's what Spring is all about, isn't it? ;) Keep the pictures coming Carolyn!

Tish

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 8:03PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

That's a very nice Hoya Carolyn! I too love the leaves...very pretty and how exciting to get buds/flowers, Congrats! Please show us when it opens.

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 8:41PM
wrynsmom(5)

I'm hoping this one opens. There were some "weather" issues . . . so it may blast. :(

I'm a sucker for leaves, too, Tish! I never EXPECT flowers . . . they're just an added bonus!

There will be more pics on Thursday or Friday . . . getting a package from HAWAII!!!! Can't wait for that one. Eight more plants!

macgillivrayi
doliocosparte IML 1377
citrina IML 734
acuta var
australis 'KapohoÂ
plicata
hellwigiana
and a bonus NOID

This is WAAAAAY better than my birthday!!!

Carolyn

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 10:43PM
mdahms1979

Wow I can hardly believe the number of peduncles for the size of the plant, you must have been thrilled when you took it out of the box. If the buds don't blast I would love to hear what you think of the flowers scent.

I wonder if this is the same species as Hoya sp Davao Philippines? I just got a cutting of that Hoya after see a similar looking species on the Apodagis site. The flecking on the leaves is just gorgeous.

Mike

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 12:39AM
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Really beautiful!

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 7:18AM
wrynsmom(5)

Thanks, guys!

The flowers will be white with hot pink centers. :) That's all I know for sure. As for the scent . . . well, I sprayed it with NEEM, so unless the flowers have a strong scent, I might not smell them, this time around. :)

Carolyn

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 11:22AM
mdahms1979

Carolyn most of the Hoyas from this section are very fragrant, Hoya verticillata and Hoya parasitica are anyways. I am still waiting on my Hoya acuta IML 0146 to bloom even though it's become a huge plant there are no peduncles. My other plants from this section are either just cuttings or were cuttings just six months ago so I have quite a while to wait for blooms.

I added a link to a page on Hoya sp. Davao Philippines because I forgot to add it to my reply yesterday. The leaves and flowers look/sound just like what you describe.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya sp Davao Philippines

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 11:55AM
More Discussions
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
A little O.T., but relevant...
I've always been a little frustrated by the quandary...
denise_gw
Help my beloved hoya...
This hoya is my favorite plant. It used to be so lush...
plumerias
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™