YEA: Got more rain yesterday evening

jean_ar(z8 Ar)September 15, 2012

I was surprised again with RAIN againn yesterday evening late. Got just a fraction under 3 inches this time.It was really coming down for a couple hours and got cooler/ Sure is a relief from this hot weather.The weather channel is saying we will get more rain tomorrow and monday, too.What a blessing to finally get some rain.I sure wish it would have dropped a little in jUNE AND JULYJean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

So glad you are finally getting a bit of rain, Jean.
kay

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 11:57PM
houstmag

Good for you.
Linda

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 8:31AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I know you really needed that rain. Yes, those daylilies sure do perk up as soon as they get a good drenching rain.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 12:36PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

So glad that you and your daylilies are getting some rain.
Val

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 7:47PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Thank you KAY.It even rained a little bit this evening, too.a sprinkling.
RITA: Thank you.Yes,I really needed a good rain. the grass was all dead and brown, but, I see a few green blades sticking up now.I was about give out from dragging the hose around every day, to give them water, now I can skip a few days.
Thanks LINDA and VAL.
Hope every one thats needing rain gets some, too.

Jean

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 9:41PM
avedon_gw

Hey, Jean, thought I had sent you a message this morning, but see it did not post. Just wanted to say I'm thrilled you got some decent rain. It really makes a big difference--just watch those dls perk up and turn green!! Avedon

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 10:21PM
Julia NY(6)

Always good to get the liquid gold. :-). More rain is due here on Tuesday. Seems like we've had rain more often now that we are getting into fall.

Julia

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 7:10AM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

I remember how you were so dry all summer so I am cheering for the rain. You deserve it!

Celeste

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 10:01AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

AVEDON: Thank you. yes, I am already seeing the daylilies standing straighter and greener, too even several putting up a little fan(increase) hooray for the rain. just hope it dont do like it done a few years ago and rain and rain and have everything standing in water,and not knowing when to slack up.It has sprinkled a little most of today. too.
THANK YOU CELESTE and JULIA. I just kept cheering the rain on, and I really got a nice rain.

jean

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 10:11PM
Julia NY(6)

Raining here today Jean. Suppose to rain all day and into most of the evening. Just makes cleaning up the garden that much easier when the sun comes out again. :).

Julia

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 9:03AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

JULIA> You have been getting rain pretty regular haven't you?This is the first good rain here in about 4 or 5 .months,and I was sure cheering it on. hoping it wouldnt stop for the rest of the day.I still have some more weeds to pull out, but, my back has gotten worse the last few months,and is hard to pull the weeds out.I have started going out every few hours, looking at how pretty and green the leaves has gotten on the daylilies and each time I pull out a big handful of weeds. a few more trips outside will just about get another bed weeded out, then I sprinkle Preen out.

jean

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 10:32PM
Julia NY(6)

Yes, the rainfall is coming regular now. More due this weekend again IF the weatherperson is correct. Makes the weeding so much easier.

Julia

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
Davisson Daylilies
I'll start by saying I've had no issues with growing...
Julia NY
Pretty Pinks Posing Prettily
There were a lot of pinks drawing my attention in the...
shive
Rice Daylilies
I've grown quite a few of the daylilies hybridized...
Julia NY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™