How to store Thai peppers

macheske(6/7 NorthernVA)August 23, 2008

I have a bunch of thai peppers drying and am wondering what is the best way to store them after they are dry. Had a couple today in stir fry. Still sweating some... but the taste is awesome.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paddy_99(6)

After they are thoroughly dried just put them in a plastic bag and keep them in a cupboard away from any sunlight or in the freezer. They will easily last for at least a year.

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 9:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beckilove

Hmm.. Funny story about thos Thai peppers! I had planted a bunch of different peppers this year, and a bunch ended up getting mixed up. I knew anything that I planted other than bell peppers was going to be hot. I had planted one that I got in a trade that just said chili pepper on it. Anyway, one day, we were outside, and my hubby asked what this plant was with a whole lot of little peppers on it. I told him I was sure it was hot, and he took a bite, and with a straight face said, "No, it's sweet." and tossed it to me. I took a bite, and for the next 30 minutes or so, my mouth was on fire! I had never tasted anything so hot! I'm not a hot pepper eater anyway, so my mouth was TOTALLY not used to that capsacin feeling! Ugh. After some research, we figured out that they are probably a Thai pepper - they look just like a Thai Dragon pepper we found a picture of. Oh, my hubby sure got a kick out of it! : ) I think it was the first time my kids have ever heard me swear at my husband! They thought it was pretty funny too!
Becki

Bookmark   August 23, 2008 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Which fish varieties can (or can't) be pressured canned?
My husband Fishes. And Catches. My freezer already...
jill2761
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
Best way to process frozen unpeeled tomatoes?
I've got about 50 lbs of frozen tomatoes (packed in...
2ajsmama
Have you made sweet & sour Indian lemon pickles?
I have made north African preserved lemons several...
veeta
Mason jar sale!
I was just at K-Mart (Niles, Ohio) and they have a...
dellr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™