Hoya lacunosa bloom

nil13(z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Washington))April 11, 2014

I picked this little guy up last fall and now it's throwing off some blooms. Thank goodness our little heatwave is over though.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

They're sweet little blooms, aren't they? Mine is blooming now, too, and the fragrance is just heavenly. And I love how fuzzy they are.

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 10:23AM
greedygh0st

I love the fragrance, too. It's even strong in the daytime. I should have posted my pics over here to join you guys.

lol @ heatwave. It's only just warming up over here. I still haven't dared move my plants outside.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 4:49PM
nil13(z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Washington))

Yeah, I don't know what my wife would do in zone 5. Probably make me build a greenhouse. These guys just live on the patio.

We went from 68f to 95f in a couple of days. Everything dried up a little bit. But now we are back in the low 70s so yay.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 9:21PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Heatwave over here...except mine is not over and won't be over till November,lol...90's today!!

Very pretty...I love Lacunosa! One of the prettiest blooms out there. Great pics denise and Nil13 :o)

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:53AM
denise_gw

Yesterday was heavenly - in the 80's with practically NO humidity. (80's would usually be almost misery for me around here, but the no humidity made it oh-so-wonderful!) Today, cold and rainy (not complaining as we are bone dry...), but wait - we're supposed to get some snow mixed in with that rain later when the cold air really moves in. Oh goody... Can't wait to get most of my plants moved out...

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 3:40PM
greedygh0st

We sure did get that snow, didn't we! D:I wanted to wear my new boots, but now I have to wait to weatherproof them...

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
My First Hoya Adventure
Hi everyone, over the past few months I have been lurking...
SnowStorm
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
Bloom trigger?
Growers, Hoya beginner here....I grow a wide variety...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™