Superthrive

marricgardensOctober 7, 2013

I've finally found a source for it. Can any of you who use it tell me what the pros and cons of it are? Can you use it anytime or is there a best time to use it? I've always read that it is a super product for daylilies. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FarawayFarmer(9a)

I found it on Amazon. Wow! $131 for a gallon.
Is it really that good?

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 11:11AM
marricgardens

I thought it was expensive at $90 per litre! I did some checking on other forums and they use kelp powder to do the same thing. We already have Aggrand which can be purchased as liquid kelp so I was wondering about using that, it does the same thing. It's also a lot cheaper.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 12:30PM
signet_gw

Hi Marg.I use superthrive on all my newly purchased mail order plants
You dont need a lot just a few drops I soak all new arrivals for 24 hours before planting.Same with plants I am shippong out.I have yet to lose a daylily no matter how small ( pencil size)and I have received some tiny ones from a few sellers. I dont know if you have an Ontario Growers Supply near you, but they sell it here in an 8 ounce plastic container for a reasonable price somewhere between $12 or $15..

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 3:53PM
marricgardens

Thanks for the info. I was on their site but it looks like they only have stores in London. I emailed them to ask if they had ones anywhere else though.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 7:42PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

gee, I thought you could buy : Superthrive about anywhere, where fertilizers and plants are sold. I buy it at wal mart some times.I have never noticed any pro's or con's using it, but,I don't use it on a every day basis either. Usually just in the spring and summer when plants are actively growingI just figured it wont hurt the plants and might do some good for them.

jean

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 10:24PM
dementieva(Zone 9 - Houston)

Yeah, I found it at Wal-Mart too. It was about $10 for a small bottle (which I haven't finished). This was a couple years ago, so I don't know if they still carry it.

Nate

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 6:34AM
Ed(z7aOK)

I like it. I use it to soak new bare root arrivals before planting. Also use it to help any struggling plants. I think it's basically a rooting stimulator. I use about 1/2 teaspoon per 3 gallons for the soak, so it goes a long way. There may be a problem using it for long term soaks as the bath tends to go anaerobic pretty quickly, like within a couple of days.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Lori Jones Daylilies
My first experience 2 years ago with buying daylilies...
Julia NY
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™