In less than a month

Brandys_garden(6)April 26, 2014

Many of my hostas are looking really good. A couple have cold damage but they are still coming in full and nice coloring. June has really spread out and gotten full in just two weeks. Minuteman is stunning and growing super fast in the 3 weeks since I put him in the nursery pot. Bressingham Blue already has a scape! Guacamole is twice as big as when I got it just 3 weeks ago. Krossa Regal is spreading out and more eyes emerging.

Bressingham Blue's scape

Guacamole today

Whirlwind Tour today

Krossa Regal today

June after a shower yesterday

June and Albomarginata are good friends and enjoy each others company

Blue Mouse Ears today

Fire Island has stunning color this year!

I look forward to Minuteman completely unfurling and filling out, too. And I am hopeful for my other 2 still under the grow lights. Wheee is stunning but I am waiting on it to unfurl just a touch more before a picture. It looks weird right now to me. It's only partially unfurled so it looks unbalanced. But, trusts me, she's stunning this year, too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Good show, Brandy. The leaves on your hosta are perfect. I love it when that happens.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 12:40PM
bernd ny zone5

After all that damage you had you are really doing great, congratulations! Bernd

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 1:38PM
hostahosta

Looking good.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 1:42PM
Brandys_garden(6)

Thanks, I am really pleased. The top leaves coming in on Albormarginata seem to be less cold damaged. So I am hoping they will cover up most of it.

I was at Walmart today and they FINALLY got hostas in. They have some new varieties they've never had before, too!! And some more variety in sizes. They have Golden Tiara which I am thinking of going and getting. I am pretty sure it's labeled right, too. I've been looking at pics of her online and they look the same. She's one of the smaller varieties, right? If so, she's a definite for me.

They also have First Frost, The Night Before Christmas, Brother something (not Stephen, it started with an F or H, I think), another small variety (it looks small to me) River something or Something River? I've never heard of it before. They had a lot of others and they said it's just their first shipment so who knows what else they'll have later?

* It was Brother Ronald.... I just remembered!

This post was edited by Brandys_garden on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 14:42

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
donrawson
mulch around hostas. leaves, etc.
I have always read that you need to clean up the hostas...
steelskies
Got pips?
I have been telling my hostas that there is no hurry...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
good to see spring in the uk
my grass still lots of work!fed it 3 times already..bloody...
uk-hostaman
Advice for a Newbie Hosta Gardener
This past fall I planted four Blue Angel hostas on...
samnsarah
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™