Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

Hoya "Exotica" or "Krimson Princess"

This post was edited by teengardener1888 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 10:26

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 7:57AM
plantomaniac08(8)

Teen,
Your hoyas look nice! How long have you had them? Your second hoya is also known as H. carnosa 'Krimson Princess' (the one you are referring to as 'Exotica'), or if you're Exotic Angel, it's known as 'Rubra.' I think a number of people call it 'Krimson Princess' (at least from what I've seen).

Here's a picture of my 'Krimson Queen' a couple months after I got it.

Here's a picture of it I took just now. My foot is in the picture for comparison. I think it's quadrupled in size since last year! It's a lighter green this year as it got a good bit of sun last year.

Planto

This post was edited by plantomaniac08 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 8:35

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 8:27AM

Gorgeous!! Has it ever flowered before for you. Mines probally wont flower for a few years but the gorgeous leaves alone are enough. Thanks for the nick name

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 10:25AM
teisa(6)

Those are some really pretty Hoyas! All of them look really healthy! I'll post a pic of mine when I get back home. Currently in Orlando on vacation. Mine are kinda young, I can't wait till mine grows as much as Planto. I'm green with envy :) Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 10:58AM
teisa(6)

Those are some really pretty Hoyas! All of them look really healthy! I'll post a pic of mine when I get back home. Currently in Orlando on vacation. Mine are kinda young, I can't wait till mine grows as much as Planto. I'm green with envy :) Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 11:04AM
plantomaniac08(8)

Teen,
You're welcome. That's one good thing about having a Hoya, their foliage makes up for the lack of blooms (sometimes hehe). Unfortunately it hasn't bloomed for me yet. I don't even see any peduncles on it right now. :\ Maybe one day!

Teisa,
Thanks! I'm usually the one jealous of someone else's plant lol. I am interested in seeing pictures of your hoyas. :)

Planto

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 12:19PM

I tend to get envious of other peoples plants 2. That is why i strive to get my houseplant collection into good condition to showcase on gardenweb. Must collect a Hoya carnosa compacta 'Variegata'. I want one so bad!

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 2:21PM
greedygh0st

teengardener1888, I cannot reply to your email because you haven't associated an email address with your account. Sorry! Unfortunately, tsangii is one that I already have.

I thought I should also mention that the name "tsangii" is commonly used incorrectly. The real tsangii looks like this: Hoya tsangii. But, the more common plant sp. DS-70 is commonly mislabeled as tsangii.

Of course, I don't know which one you have, but I thought I should mention it. :) Happy trading!

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
Rehabilitating Problematic H. obovata
Hello. I acquired H. obovata sometime last autumn and...
fakechuchi
Aurora, are the cuttings a no-go?
Hello, i was just inquiring about the hoya cuttings. I...
tlbean2004
Bragging on the hubby (photo heavy)
Ever since he made this wonderful shelving system,...
aurorawa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™