New York Rita!

mizellie(z7 Al)October 28, 2012

Rita, I hope you are prepared for the weather that's coming your way. Stay safe!! Ellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

I am as prepaired as I can get. The thing that really worries me is that they are predicting major power outtages. Saying could be up to 7-10 days. So if no one hears from me you will know my power went out and is still out. Otherwise I will post updates on the weather and storm here.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 3:33PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

maybe you will be a lucky one and not lose your power, I know wishful thinking, but anything is possible.A bunch of our guys here has left already heading there to help restore power.Hope every one stays safe, and away from trees/. Take care Rita.

Jean

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 9:27PM

I was very lucky last year during IRENE. I did not loose power. Watched on the news about all the power outages then which lasted up to two weeks in certain parts of the general NYC area. Sure would love to not loose power this time either but what with the size and expected long duration they are really saying massive power outtages. I can already hear the wind howling out there. And landfall is maybe tomorrow about 7 PM.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 10:13PM
organic_kitten(8)

And it is full moon and at high tide. I am very worried about you. Plese stay safe.
kay

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 12:45AM

Already over 20,000 power outtages in Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Long Island. And the storm is far away still. I am on high ground and storm surge or waves are not a concern. But I have been watching the news this morning and flooding is already taking place in low lying areas.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 11:41AM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Just heard on the news that trees are down on LONG ISLAND aalready and some power outages.And they are saying Lomg Island sound is going to have a lot of water too. I guess some from the high tide and some from the storm surge..Hope you ate high enough there that you dont have flooding on your property and home.

jean

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 1:03PM

I am looking out my front window and it looks strange out on the water as we have a rock jetty, very long out there which is often used for fishing. It is completely under water now and high tide is like 10PM so you know how high the water must be. Not to worry, I am on high ground and safe from the high tides and waves.

108,000 customers of LIPA (Long Island Power) outtages already. And the storm is not really here. Supposed to hit landfall around 10PM along Sourthern NJ.

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 3:04PM
lisa_3(5)

Praying you all make it through safe. Be careful!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 5:33PM
Nancy zone 6

I'm feeling guilty right now, I was just whining about how chilly it is, & windy. I'm glad to be here right now though. Stay safe, Rita!

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 6:55PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Well,it picked up speed so they saying its coming on shore right now.I been watching this weather channel all day,and it was showing some huge waves out there, 20 feet high.Thats scary, to me.Hope you are high enough,RIta so the water dont do damage,and the wind, too. be safe.

jean

Bookmark   October 29, 2012 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™