My First EVER Hoya Peduncle!

kidsandcats(7)May 8, 2011

Hello all! I'm usually just a lurker on this forum, but I just had to chime in today and say that my lacunosa that I've had about a month and a half has a peduncle that I haven't even noticed until today! It's fairly large, a little over an inch, I'd say. I'll try to get some pics later today when I get some batteries for my camera. I'm just so excited!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
puglvr1(9b central FL)

How exciting for you! Isn't it a great feeling to finally see a peduncle...enjoy the fragrance and the beautiful blooms that you'll have soon! Welcome to the forum!

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 2:23PM
kidsandcats(7)

Thanks, pug! It IS a great feeling- I was resigned to never having any blooms, honestly, and the foliage on most Hoyas is just so nice that I've never felt a particular need to see the flowers. Now I'm just excited, and hoping they smell as good as I've heard!

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 2:33PM
pepeuve

congratulations !!!

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 4:06PM
lightning96(4)

I can understand your feeling of excitement! Seeing the first peduncle is so exciting ... Hoya lacunosa has such a beautiful smell. Ours is hanging over our kitchen sink... it's a nice incentive to wash the dishes!

Bookmark   May 8, 2011 at 5:16PM
peanut01(7VA)

Congrats!!!!

@lightning - Putting Lacunosa over the sink is the best idea. I will have to try it. I am pretty sure that Lacunosa will even bloom continuously even though it is a North window for me.

Lacunosa is a great plant and I am not quite sure if I've ever said that one before ;)

-David

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 8:42AM
greedygh0st

Congratulations! That's just wonderful news and we all know just how you feel. Nothing says "I love you" like a new peduncle. Come to think of it, a ring hanging next to a new peduncle might be the perfect way to propose to nuts like us.

Do I work as a writer for romantic comedies? Yes, yes I probably do.

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 11:44AM
jsainz(8-9 NM)

congrats!!!! oh its sooo exciting, sometimes i sit under the plant just starring at these little marvels. My hubby thinks im nuts. Enjoy it!!!

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 12:21PM
kidsandcats(7)

@GG- that's too funny :)
@jsainz- mine too, but he still loves me. lol

@ everyone else- Thanks! I really am excited, and even my hubby is getting in on it- he was amazed when I showed him the little buds! lol

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
A little O.T., but relevant...
I've always been a little frustrated by the quandary...
denise_gw
extending bamboo life
Do you dip these into anything to extend their life?...
greentoe357
H. carnosa
I got these as cuttings from my father's plants, he...
tropicbreezent
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Hoya Krimson Queen with her crown
This is a 15 year old plant , she has never bloomed,...
smi2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™