Today I ordered Bulbs from Van Engelen

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)October 3, 2012

I went bulb crazy this spring already and had ordered from a place direct from Holland, Brecks, American Meadows, Brent&Beckies and Colorblends. But this was before Scheepers and Van Engelen updated for orders for 2012. In the summer I sort of forgot to get back to my last planned order and then in September I thought maybe I just wouldn't order more. But yesterday I kept thinking of what more I wanted to add so I just could not stand it. I ordered 1,600 bulbs from Van Engelen today. I figgure most of you know they are the wholesale division of Scheepers and much cheeper if ordering bulbs in larger unit quantities.

I ordered-

600 crocus

100 iris RETICULATA

250 daffodils

650 tulips

I really must be totally daft as I already have about 1,500 or so bulbs still coming from orders I placed in the spring. Mostly from Brent&Beckies and Colorblends.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

RITAjean

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 10:57PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Jean, I love the way it all looks after I am finished with my projects. Of course I have to wait for spring to see results. I wish these bulbs would hurry up and get here already as it is gonna take me lots of time to get them all planted.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:26PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

It will be even more beautiful than it already is Rita! You will be one busy lil' bee! There's nothing as fun as garden projects anyway! Can't wait to see the pics!

Rena'

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 12:28AM
Julia NY(6)

Have fun planting all those bulbs.

Julia

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 8:11AM
organic_kitten(8)

No envy for the planting, but it will be just gorgeous!
kay

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 11:05AM

I keep thinking about how nice it will look next spring and try not to focus on all the work of getting them planted. If I spent too much tume thinking about all the actual planting I would never order any bulbs.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 1:18PM
Nancy zone 6

I don't know how you do it :) I have a few daffs coming soon, only about 30 or so bulbs though. I am thinking about ordering some more, but NO WHERE NEAR what you have coming. It will be beautiful though. I just love spring flowers!

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 3:19PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

That is a LOT of bulbs! Where on earth do you find room for all those? I used to place orders every fall for bulbs but this will be the first year I won't (I've run out of room until I build more beds). It seems like an eternity waiting all winter to see them bloom doesn't it?
But it sure will be a sight to behold and we can all enjoy your pictures.

Celeste

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 8:56PM
houstmag

Wow!! I'm wore out just thinking about planting all those bulbs but I'm sure it will be all worth it when they bloom.
Linda

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:55AM

I just find room, mostly in and around the daylily beds. Did order more this year than ever before though.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
Emmerich Daylilies
These are some of the Karol Emmerich daylilies I grow...
Julia NY
Rice Daylilies
I've grown quite a few of the daylilies hybridized...
Julia NY
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™