A little work in the garden. Hooray!

organic_kitten(8)October 27, 2013

I finally felt like spending a couple of hours in the garden today. I didn't achieve a lot, but did get some of the dead zinnias pulled out and one section of weeds pulled. I planted some pansies and a small patch of collard plants given to me by my neighbor. that's it, but since it has been so long, I really enjoyed myself.
kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julia NY(6)

Glad to read your feeling better. A little bit each time and the tasks will be done before you know it.

Today the sun was shining and they predicted 50's. Thought I'd do some gardening. Got my sunscreen on, old jeans and fleece and then the sun went in, the winds picked up and it only got to low 40's but felt like 30. Decided to stay in. Tonight we are suppose to hit 20's so I guess a hard frost is coming. BUT Wednesday they say we will be back into the 50's. I'll wait to see if it really happens before I put the sunscreen and old jeans on again.

Julia

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 9:04PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Kay, am so glad you felt like going out in the garden and doing a little out t here.I was outside this afternoon a couple hours.I watered everything as it was so dry out,and the ground hard as a brick again.pulled a few weeds while I was out. was 73 here.Suppose to have storms Thursday, so maybe that will soften up this hard ground..Take care of yourself, kay.

jean

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 10:30PM
Nancy zone 6

It is so good to hear you are feeling well enough to garden. I didn't get outside Sunday, had company, & temps were warm today, but drizzled rain almost all day that just made me feel chilled. Supposed to be warm today & really nice tomorrow, so I'll be outside as soon as the fog lifts today.

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 9:18AM
organic_kitten(8)

Thank you, my friends, for responding. It is supposed to be mid seventies today (rained yesterday) so I plan to go out for a while again. As you advised me, Julia, no more than two hours, less if a good bit of hauling. Since I have lost so much (unintended) weight, and have been so inactive, my strength is down, and it would be too easy to overdo.

It does feel wonderful to get out there, though.
kay

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™