Another 'Royal Flush' Sighting

monet_gMay 13, 2011

I, also, found an EA Lacunosa "Royal Flush" today at Lowe's here in Michigan. It appears from other posts by Denise and Odyssey, that EA is shipping a lot of them out, into many regions. If you're interested, keep a look out.

Surprisingly, the plant was in need of water. I watered it well, hung it up and was very, very pleasantly surprised to see a developing peduncle. It's grown to about 1/4 of an inch.

I wonder though, is there a point, the bloom growth gets to, where it won't blast?

TIA

Gail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonwolf_gw

I, for one, am interested! I just wish I lived closer to Lowe's and HD. Gonna look really well over their plants next time I go ^_^ !

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   May 13, 2011 at 7:52PM
odyssey3(7 noVA)

Very good! I forgot to mention that I bought this hoya because of its beauty even though the tag just said tropical foliage. I did some research online and felt sure I had a Royal Flush. As I went to take the tag off, lo and behold, Royal Flush was printed on the reverse side! I had never seen an EA tag like that before.

Bookmark   May 13, 2011 at 8:12PM
scsva(7/VA)

Thanks for your post odyssey. I'm seeing other tags like that so just maybe the plant's name is on the back of others too.

Susan

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 8:27AM
geosdee(Zone 8 FL Panhandle)

Was just up in AL today and they Lowes up there had Royal Flush. Looks like there are popping up all over. I picked up a really big pot of nummerlaria (sp?) so was really excited about that.

Dee

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 5:21PM
monet_g

Yay, Dee! I'd love to get one of those, too. "Nummularioides" - what a mouth full!
Maybe with the warmer weather EA is releasing more varieties to local sources.
Gail

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 8:15PM
kidsandcats(7)

I got a Royal Flush at Lowe's in my area back in March. I was so excited, too! It's doing well, putting on new growth, but no peduncles yet. The other lacunosa, however, has about 20 peduncles, and I got it about the same time as the RF. One looks like it's just about to open, so I'm anxiously watching and waiting! lol

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 5:13PM
More Discussions
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
Aurora, are the cuttings a no-go?
Hello, i was just inquiring about the hoya cuttings. I...
tlbean2004
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
If i give this hoya fertilizer will it branch off?
I have this fishtail cutting that has 5 leaves and...
tlbean2004
extending bamboo life
Do you dip these into anything to extend their life?...
greentoe357
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™