I hate to say it but...

miketropicApril 7, 2014

As some of you might remember when I started posting in this forum I was planning a move and all my hostas were planted in ground. I was not real sure how I was going to take them all and with a bit of advise from everyone I had a go at it.I dug up everything I could find and loaded them and a tag into plastic grocery bags and moved them here. with no pots and all the bags of top soil frozen I didn't know what to do...Then Ken shows up with some "throw them on the drive way" comments and how tough they are so I left them. Sitting on the bags with the tops open. We then had the worst winter in 30 years and I knew it was over..about 2 weeks ago as it warmed I potted them all and hoped for the best...I now have pips comming up in every pot and I don't think I lost a single one! So as much as I hate to feed his ego..

Ken was right there that tough and they will make it over winter on the drive way...

Man that was tough to type glad I got it out of my system ROFL.Pics of said pots when it stops raining

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

hEY, Mike, so glad to hear from you. It is great to share such a huge chuckle this morning. Many of us who have less dramatic a story to tell--we did not put them on the driveway to spend the winter--have some losses. It is just so sweet to hear this driveway success story.

Ahhhhh, life is good. Cannot wait for Ken to get a look at your results. Good show!

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 11:33AM
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

That is great news about the pips! Very happy for you...but I never had a doubt....being one who over wintered her first hosta in a green garbage bag back in the early 80's.

Those of us who responded on that thread will be awaiting your pics...what the heck am I saying...all of us hostaholics want to see pics of your hosta!!!

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 11:38AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

OMG!!!!!

OMG!!!

OMG!!!!

lol

i dont recall telling you to leave them in plastic bags all winter .. crikey man.. i expected you to get them out of the bags.. AND THEN THROW THEM ON THE DRIVEWAY ... jeez o petes ....

next time .. God forbid.. lol .. try to follow instructions.. they are delicate ... lol

ken

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 6:45PM
mary4b(4b WI)

Congratulations, that is great news!

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 11:56PM

AND WHY DO YOU HATE TO SAY IT????

ken

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 9:00AM
miketropic

I hate to say it b/c I don't want you to have to expand your doorway to get your head through it LOL

now on with the show..and since I don't know how to post multiple pics to post....

Fire island

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 6:54PM
miketropic

Empress Wu

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 6:57PM

touche ... lol...

to post multiple pix.. you would have to use a sharing service like photobucket ... and use the attendant HTML Code.. on preview.. if you see it.. we will see it ...

ken

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 6:59PM
miketropic

Zebra Stripes

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
When To Re-pot?
When is the correct time to up-pot a hosta? Is it when...
santamiller
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
is there a bacon forum .....?????
if there is.. i should have looked .. lol if there...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™